Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battenberg123)
    what did people get for the energy released for the question towards the end of c3
    I put 4620 but I used 20°c as the temperature change- I know some people put 14°c as the temperature change so would have got something different!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    I put 4620 but I used 20°c as the temperature change- I know some people put 14°c as the temperature change so would have got something different!
    what did you use for the mass?

ReputationRep:
    what did you use for the mass?
    55, you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    55, you??
    yes same but i used 14 for the temp change

ReputationRep:
    I found C2 so hard - maybe it's just me!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone want to make an unofficial mark scheme for the c2 and c3 papers? Please don't ignore

ReputationRep:
    what would be the grade boundaries for c on c2 and c3?
    (yes i know it's a weird question but my goal is c grade on both i'm confident i just got it hopefully and if i don't, my a in the coursework should boost it up)

ReputationRep:
    yes same but i used 14 for the temp change
    Yeah I've seen quite a lot of people use 14°c for the temperature so would have got like 3234J (I think that's what it was)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    Yeah I've seen quite a lot of people use 14°c for the temperature so would have got like 3234J (I think that's what it was)?
    I think that was what i got

ReputationRep:
    what sort of things did people include for the 5 marker in c3?

ReputationRep:
    I am so annoyed I freaked about the empirical formula and for some reason switched the Valencies at the end 😢

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    that's the answer i got

ReputationRep:
    would you say the papers were harder than other past papers ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    C2: 49/60 for A*

C3: 44/60 for A*
    [Praying for low grade boundaries🙏🙏]

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the energy released for the question towards the end of c3
    I think I got 6420 but calculations are my weak weak area so it's almost definitely wrong !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxRAEXx)
    [Praying for low grade boundaries]
    We'll see about that. Chemistry Unit 1 should be easier so it should raise your UMS.

I don't understand why they test you on Units 2 and 3 in Science before Unit 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    We'll see about that. Chemistry Unit 1 should be easier so it should raise your UMS.

I don't understand why they test you on Units 2 and 3 in Science before Unit 1.
    My mum was pretty sure I was lying when I told her it was unit 2 and 3 😂

ReputationRep:
    I did 14x 4.2x 150= 8820 Q but not sure whether 150 was right. As they added 10 then 20 then 30 then 40 then 50 which =150

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths4ever!)
    I did 14x 4.2x 150= 8820 Q but not sure whether 150 was right. As they added 10 then 20 then 30 then 40 then 50 which =150
    what was the units?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    My mum was pretty sure I was lying when I told her it was unit 2 and 3
    Has Unit 2 and Unit 3 always gone before Unit 1 in the timetable in previous years?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.