Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    3234 J.
    oh my god! , you are probably the only person i know who got the same answer as me!

ReputationRep:
    I found C2 okay! How about you guys? My B2 went really well so If this was my worst one it shouldnt matter; we still have physics

ReputationRep:
    i think i left out the balancing equations , because i didnt know it was there.
    what was the question? , was it lead bromide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PawanAviator)
    oh my god! , you are probably the only person i know who got the same answer as me!
    You don't actually know who I am.

Anyway

Did you do this?

30+25= 55 cm^3

End temperature- initial temperature= overall temperature (energy) change in the experiment so 32-18= 14 C.

Specific heat capacity of water: 4.2 J/g/C

4.2*5.5*14= 3234 J?

ReputationRep:
    You don't actually know who I am.

Anyway

Did you do this?

30+25= 55 cm^3

End temperature- initial temperature= overall temperature (energy) change in the experiment so 32-18= 14 C.

Specific heat capacity of water: 4.2 J/g/C

4.2*5.5*14= 3234 J?
    yeah! , since it said OVERALL temperature

ReputationRep:
    I did. I think I got one out of five marks for that question, two if the examiner's generous.
    Yeah that was a harsh question, not expecting much from it

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the isotope question where it was fill in the blanks??

ReputationRep:
    i think i left out the balancing equations , because i didnt know it was there.
    what was the question? , was it lead bromide?
    Not sure about the exact question but all you had to is put a 2 infront of the second compund

ReputationRep:
    be honest, for the ions question will i lose marks for saying iodine instead of iodide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtomicCaitlin)
    Yeah that was a harsh question, not expecting much from it
    I think I did well in C2 (with the partial exception of the 6 marker) but C3 should have relatively low grade boundaries.

I hope there are enough future McDonald's employees who get Fs, Gs, and Us to pull the boundaries down.

It reminds me a bit of dynamic equilibrium.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sushiman123)
    be honest, for the ions question will i lose marks for saying iodine instead of iodide?
    Was that in the C2 paper?

ReputationRep:
    Was that in the C2 paper?
    No, for the testing ions section in C3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    Not sure about the exact question but all you had to is put a 2 infront of the second compund
    ohh well.. , thats a mark gone. XD

ReputationRep:
    The maximum temperature was 38 degrees, 32 was the bit where you had to work out what it should have been but that wasn't the maximum temperature it reached, so the temperature change was 20 degrees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    what was the units?
    J (joules)

ReputationRep:
    Ha!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ov...ml%3B451%3B224

We're right, aren't we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    what was the units?
    I put that the units were J or you could have put kJ

ReputationRep:
    What do people think grade boundaries will be like?? For A*, A and B that is

ReputationRep:
    I think I did well in C2 (with the partial exception of the 6 marker) but C3 should have relatively low grade boundaries.

I hope there are enough future McDonald's employees who get Fs, Gs, and Us to pull the boundaries down.

It reminds me a bit of dynamic equilibrium.
    Nah the 3's always tend to have higher grade boundaries because it's normally only the people who are good at science who choose triple science

ReputationRep:
    for the last question on the c3 exam it said that 20 cm3 was an anomaly and they asked for the value it should have been what did everyone put?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.