Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    For the question about the overall temperature change in the reaction on C3, what was it? I got 14 degrees but others got 20:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annalg)
    You were supposed to use the max temp not final temp, according to all my notes and resources anyway.
    No you were supposed to use the final temperature, cos it asked for the overall temp change
    so it who ever got 14 is right i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paxman)
    The question definitely said symbols
    Oh, will I still get the marks if I put the words which were the same as the correct symbol answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes24)
    Please be this P.S. You seem quite knowledgeable, for the Unit 3 first bit with the periodic table, did it ask for the symbol or word version of the elements in the answers? and if you put words instead of symbols or symbols instead of words, would you still get the marks?
    I'm not very knowledgeable at all to be honest (perhaps it was the B2 'hoax' paper which I made which gave a misrepresentation of myself)... there were some parts which were on the specification but weren't on the notes I used, and I had to revise them the day before the exam.

I used the symbols, but they'll accept the word version since it's the same thing, and you're still demonstrating your knowledge of properties of different elements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    For the question about the overall temperature change in the reaction on C3, what was it? I got 14 degrees but others got 20:/
    i got 14 and i still think its right cos it said "overall temp change"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    I'm not very knowledgeable at all to be honest (perhaps it was the B2 'hoax' paper which I made which gave a misrepresentation of myself)... there were some parts which were on the specification but weren't on the notes I used, and I had to revise them the day before the exam.

I used the symbols, but they'll accept the word version since it's the same thing, and you're still demonstrating your knowledge of properties of different elements.
    All your grade boundaries posts etc make you seem on your game and you got a lot of the answers right so far so don't doubt yourself!

Thanks, makes me feel a lot better

ReputationRep:
    I got 20 because it said the temperature change, so surely this would mean the highest change? And anyway, eventually the temperature would go back to room temp, which would mean (by the logic that you are using) that for every experiment the temperature change is 0.

ReputationRep:
    I got 31.5 but I'm sure both that and 32 are fine.

ReputationRep:
    they may have a answer range so like 30-32 for that anomaly one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesLight1998)
    I found C2 okay! How about you guys? My B2 went really well so If this was my worst one it shouldnt matter; we still have physics
    totally agree with u.... it was gr8 paper!! Physics - i agree - is scary!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LashiFire)
    I got 20 because it said the temperature change, so surely this would mean the highest change? And anyway, eventually the temperature would go back to room temp, which would mean (by the logic that you are using) that for every experiment the temperature change is 0.
    but the experimenter continued to add the HCL or whatever it was. But who knows it could be any

ReputationRep:
    Lol, for the anomaly one at first I put 32.5, but then changed it to 32. Glad I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LashiFire)
    Yes, I agree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Positivedani)
    Urgh I totally messed up the last page! It all started with the amount where I put 30cm, then I didn't read the graph properly so put 38degrees as the overall change! That means I got the Q=mcdeltaT question wrong, and then for the last question I had no clue so wrote the neutralisation reaction will releade the same amount of energy -.- that page will bring my grade right down ergh!
    i did that swell but won't you get the marks for error carried forward?

ReputationRep:
    The best bit about C3 were the first 3 questions, they were nice and easy . Then it all kinda plopped D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes24)
    All your grade boundaries posts etc make you seem on your game and you got a lot of the answers right so far so don't doubt yourself!

Thanks, makes me feel a lot better
    yo im tellin u postin graid bawnderees dont maik mee clvr u havnt seeen hao meni sili mistaiks i maid.

For example, I had no clue when I came to the question which asked how the scientist could find the concentration of barium sulfate (or was it barium hydroxide?). I don't like questions which give you loads of information about the method of the experiment, so I answered this last. All I could think of was that the yield of the reaction is never 100% so this affects the calculation of the concentration. I also put 'carbon dioxide' instead of hydrogen as the gas released in the reaction between sodium and ethanol, because I was most likely thinking of the reaction of ethanol and oxygen instead. There are also many two mark questions on ammonia, and I don't know whether what I've written qualifies for two marks or one mark.

I'm still remaining hopeful that the grade boundaries will be low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannzz98)
    That's what I did, I wasn't sure if it was right

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me too...i think it was right... One of my friends didnt even see the question erkkk

ReputationRep:
    For the one about why you'd use a copper alloy in coins instead of pure copper, do you think that 'copper ores are running out so we need to preserve it as much as possible' would be alright?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh; I emailed my teacher and asked and he said yes because thats why they ask for your working to be shown.
    But to make things worse I used the wrong unit! So thats like 5 or 6 marks lost!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I couldn't think of anything for that one :/. I put because copper is soft. I don't even know if copper is soft -_-

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.