Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    For the one about why you'd use a copper alloy in coins instead of pure copper, do you think that 'copper ores are running out so we need to preserve it as much as possible' would be alright?
    Tbh, I think it was looking for more scientific reasons. I wrote the same thing but am starting to doubt myself as it said don't use any economical reasoning or something along them lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bleeploop)
    is it not one twelfth Carbon 12 ??
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    For the one about why you'd use a copper alloy in coins instead of pure copper, do you think that 'copper ores are running out so we need to preserve it as much as possible' would be alright?
    I put that pure copper is a softer metal but I dunno...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellie<3)
    What did people get for what did the electrolysis of sodium chloride produce?? I put hydrogen and couldnt remember the other so put sodium hydroxide

Think I put hydrogen gas , chlorine gas and then sodium hydroxide!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone hook me up with some grade boundries predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clintbarton)
    Typo sorry!! I put 3.234
    Never mind. I'll remove my original post.

(Original post by Conor1998)
    Tbh, I think it was looking for more scientific reasons. I wrote the same thing but am starting to doubt myself as it said don't use any economical reasoning or something along them lines

ReputationRep:
    can someone plz write an unofficial mark scheme?!?!?!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Btw does anyone know any advantages and disadvantages for the 5 marker on C3? Just checking to see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamran64)
    i did tooo....sure hu would want a floppy bendy coin!!

ReputationRep:
    I got 20 because I'm sick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamran64)
    If it WAS made out of pure metal, it would be able to be squashed and bent very easily as the layers can slide over eachother. As its an alloy, the new metal atoms distort the layers, making it hard for them to slide over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t.thompson22)
    I got PB2O3

Do you remember what you put exactly? (:
    I can except the masses it gave us for the lead and oxygen, does anyone know ?
    But I did:

Pb O
    207 divided by the mass given 16 divided by the mass given
    (Thats where I mixed up, I usually do the other way round but my head jus blanked for some reason!)

Then I divided the two results which I got for oxygen because it was the smallest and got Pb3O2 which I know is wrong, I was so stupid, I knew it before! but

ReputationRep:
    I got PB2O3

Do you remember what you put exactly? (:
    But I did:

Pb O
    (Thats where I mixed up, I usually do the other way round but my head jus blanked for some reason!)

Then I divided the two results which I got for oxygen because it was the smallest and got Pb3O2 which I know is wrong, I was so stupid, I knew it before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_Head)
    Think I put hydrogen gas , chlorine gas and then sodium hydroxide!:confused:
    As fas as I can remember from this morning, the question asked you for the "products produced other than chlorine." Sodium Hydroxide and Hydrogen is correct!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing wjec spanish tomorrow? Official threads links?

ReputationRep:
    I found C2 much easier than B2, but I'm not sure if I understood the question where you had to fill in the blanks.

I thought you had to fill the blanks with element names so I put hydrogen in the first blank and guessed helium in the second blank.

Not sure why I guessed helium to be honest, just thought I remembered my teacher mentioning it.

ReputationRep:
    i wrote that all metal oxides are alkali, is that wrong???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambarellarose)
    But I did:

Pb O

Then I divided the two results which I got for oxygen because it was the smallest and got Pb3O2 which I know is wrong, I was so stupid, I knew it before!
    I'd recommend looking at past mark schemes that give the information for answering empirical formulas. I reckon if the examiner is generous you could net at least one of two marks for showing the first stage of workings! You just got the mass given to you the wrong way round.

ReputationRep:
    on the 5mark question in c3 where you had to evaluate the two methods what were points you could put? I had no understanding of method one and am so scared ive just lost all 5 marks

ReputationRep:
    As fas as I can remember from this morning, the question asked you for the "products produced other than chlorine." Sodium Hydroxide and Hydrogen is correct!
    I got that aswell

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.