Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    I'd say Grade Boundaries would be slightly lower than last year for both:
    Unit 2 : 46/60 A*
    Unit 3: 44/60 A*

The problem with Unit 3 was that some of the questions were either know it or not.

Did anyone else get Sulfuric Acid as the catalyst to make Ethyl Ethanoate?
    yep , correct!

ReputationRep:

The problem with Unit 3 was that some of the questions were either know it or not.

yep , correct! i did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuffyandtab)
    So did i
    For Metal Oxide I wrote base?
    so did i

ReputationRep:

I got the ethyl ethanoate part but not the sulfuric acid.

Did you understand the question which asked how a catalyst works? I didn't have a clue!

I think it was worth 2 marks (Can't really remember).

ReputationRep:
    What question was the one about "Are metal oxides bases or alkalis?" in... like what were the other questions around it because I don't remember seeing that and starting to worry i missed a page :/

ReputationRep:
    For the filling in the blanks question I put moles then 12C. Will I still get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emileepifanoff)

Did you understand the question which asked how a catalyst works? I didn't have a clue!

It lowers the activation energy but I completely forgot about it at the time, so I just made something up :P

ReputationRep:
    I put concentrated acid (sulfuric acid) would I still get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emileepifanoff)

would you get 2 marks for saying lowers the activation energy or would you have to same something else as well

ReputationRep:
    also does anyone know if i will get the marks for writing different pressures on the polymer question???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11Jason11)
    yeah, I think they were looking for any named acids really cause any acid catalyst can be used in the process but sulphuric acid is the one mentioned in textbooks

ReputationRep:
    Omg I put Pb3O2 by accident I'm such an idiot

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewiswallis)
    also does anyone know if i will get the marks for writing different pressures on the polymer question???

That should be right as it is changing a reaction condition which is primarily what the questions asks for for one of the reasons. (They've asked it before)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    yeah, I think they were looking for any named acids really cause any acid catalyst can be used in the process but sulphuric acid is the one mentioned in textbooks
    i think acid on its own would be fine, CGP Textbook says "an acid catalyst (e.g. concentrated sulfuric acid)" - and the question wasn't linked specifically to ethyl ethanoate, was it? i thought it just said what catalyst is used in the production of esters (or something along that)

ReputationRep:
    There was a question about writing a compound that contains silver ions. I wrote silver nitrate - is that correct?
    The next question was something about a substance containing carbonate ions - I wrote zinc carbonate - will that get a mark?
    I didn't really understand what the question was asking so I just guessed for both haha,

ReputationRep:
    Aren't metal oxides insoluble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueyy__)
    i think acid on its own would be fine, CGP Textbook says "an acid catalyst (e.g. concentrated sulfuric acid)" - and the question wasn't linked specifically to ethyl ethanoate, was it? i thought it just said what catalyst is used in the production of esters (or something along that)
    i wrote vinegar would i get a mark for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyRevises)
    What question was the one about "Are metal oxides bases or alkalis?" in... like what were the other questions around it because I don't remember seeing that and starting to worry i missed a page :/
    it was for the question on soluble substances with the table

ReputationRep:
    for the aluminum question, would bauxite suffice as to aluminum oxide?

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.