Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone did both C2 and C3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannzz98)
    I did not understand this question at all! I just copied the stuff from the boxes into the answer spaces

Posted from TSR Mobile

Silver nitrate, sodium carbonate and it was an insoluble base

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logic99)
    Was that the question on what kind of compounds are metal oxides? I put insoluble is that right or was it bases?
    I put unsoluble because metal oxide was not in the table so i think it was right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes24)
    I would love if you were right :P

I have this too: I get stressed out because I can't remember what I wrote/ what the question was and it really confuses me afterwards!

That sounds about right. Did you say about why e.g as it's an endothermic reaction which takes in energy? I don't know if you need that but I put it to be on the safe side.

Well my first reaction to B2 was that it was very hard, so I was worried about how I had done. I think I did decently on B2, obviously can't remember what all the questions were but the main ones I am worried about are bile xD other than that it went quite well, poss lost stupid marks here and there and also those strange applied science questions e.g. why weren't Mendel's ideas accepted I think I only got 1 mark there. We shall see..

Hoping B3 will bring my mark up, I found it a lot easier and could answer all the questions, again will have made mistakes in places, although I can't remember where, but I know I will have done!

Chemistry as a whole went a lot better than Biology, I am just more confident in Chem as it's more mathsy and that's my thing. Thought C2 was really easy, silly mistakes here and there but on a whole think it went well. C3 I thought was moderate, some questions were challenging but I hope I answered them well. I know I have made mistakes- stupid ones- like mixing up sodium and lithium, put boiling point decreased instead of increased- that kind of thing but on a whole I was really happy with all the equilibrium questions!

Only thing is I have a vague memory of some kind of why doesn't iron fit in this group or something to do with the periodic table near the beginning of C3, do you know what the answer was?

How have you found Biology and Chemistry? Sorry for such a long reply! Trying to self-evaluate ahah
    It did not fit because iron is a metal and the others are gases

ReputationRep:
    there was something about how do you get lead nitrate atoms from the ions or something, did anyone get that? i wrote electrolysis or neutralisation but had no clue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasconnor)
    Yay I put that as well as mentioning the difference in electronic structure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewiswallis)
    there was something about how do you get lead nitrate atoms from the ions or something, did anyone get that? i wrote electrolysis or neutralisation but had no clue
    i put electrolysis too

ReputationRep:
    I put you evaporate it but that was not a scientific answer at all so I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11Jason11)
    I put concentrated acid (sulfuric acid) would I still get the marks?
    Yes, the question asked 'what type of chemical' so acid would get the mark, and I guess sulfuric acid would too.

ReputationRep:
    lead from lead nitrate solution, i put evaporation*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasconnor)
    Did you do both C2 and C3 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    WHat did people get for Ethanoic acid having a higher pH than HCL?

I wrote that HCL is a strong acid so it completely ionises in an aqueous solution but Ethanoic acid is a weak acid that doesn't completely ionise.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who put 'ionic' for what type of compound is sodium oxide? 😕😕

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nabzy8)
    lead from lead nitrate solution, i put filtration
    that makes sense haha

ReputationRep:
    Ideas for rough grade boundaries anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Where did the balancing equations question cone up in the C2 paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaya)
    I put unsoluble because metal oxide was not in the table so i think it was right
    Yeah but what was the context of the question I can't remember this question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misora)
    Ideas for rough grade boundaries anyone?
    I predict 46/60 for an A* in C2, and 44/60 for an A* in C3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    Am I the only one who put 'ionic' for what type of compound is sodium oxide? 😕😕
    Yep thats right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquafreshh)
    Yeah but what was the context of the question I can't remember this question
    I think it was something like 'what type of compound is sodium oxide' or it might just have been 'metal oxide' but it was below the solubility table thing

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.