Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevinspl2000)
    Pm me?
    yep will put the link in this forum so u all can find it! hope it works now...theres tonns of ppl wanting it

(Original post by Jules12345)
    It's insoluble
    Im pretty sure the answer was base

ReputationRep:
    Pm me?
    and me please

Guys the answer for the tick question is hydrogen as a reaction between alcohol and sodium forms sodium ethoxide and hydrogen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thurs001.310)
    I also got base.. don't know if it was right?:confused:
    I think to be a base it would have to be metal hydroxide.
    I wrote ionic compound (because metal and non metal) but honestly I'm not sure. The question was weirdly vague and I think it could go either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Can people explain to me why it was carbon 12 in the fill in gaps. I put isotope. I have never learnt anything in school about carbon 12 and it's not in the textbook so is this really the answer. I was pretty sure about isotope.
    What was the full sentence?

I think its because all the atomic masses of the elements are all relative to carbon-12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kwstudent)
    yep will put the link in this forum so u all can find it! hope it works now...theres tonns of ppl wanting it
    where is the link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LashiFire)
    C3 on the other hand, for me anyway, had so many ambiguous questions, I wasn't sure what many of the questions were asking :/ a lot of the things on it were just confusing, and some didn't even test knowledge, just how well you can make up advantages and disadvantages on the spot about something you shouldn't have even learn't about
    i felt like that with B2 sometimes aqa are just ridiculous like that one year on biology it was 33 for an a* because they were daft questions on it where you would have to get in the person's head who made it lol

IT WAS BASE GUYS NOT ALKALI, IT WOULD BE ALKALI IF IT SAID METAL HYDROXIDE...
    i asked my teacher to make sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kwstudent)
    No pressure. Kidding haha thanks I know it must be a lot of effort!! 👍👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryb123)
    where is the link?
    Sorry not quite ready yet - next 5-10 mins or so should b ready

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morrissies)
    I think to be a base it would have to be metal hydroxide.
    I wrote ionic compound (because metal and non metal) but honestly I'm not sure. The question was weirdly vague and I think it could go either way.
    metal oxide IS A BASE trust me!!! I've seen people asking this too many times now. I'm sure they will accept alkali too.

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure the answer was base
    I got insoluble aswell:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #sarahsmith2)
    No pressure. Kidding haha thanks I know it must be a lot of effort!! 👍👍
    Aww nurries, happy to help hundred of fellow sufferers
    Hope u all get on ok in the rest of ur exams too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas_99)
    What the hell was the C2 six marker, because i wrote about how endothermic the reaction is, but apparently it was about rate of reaction:confused:
    The reaction was exothermic?? also you had to talk about the affect of concentration on rate of reaction basically in relation to the table

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes24)
    Haha I know, I recognised the metal bonding one! I was hoping for diamond vs graphite though :erm:

It does stick in your mind. I don't like my username either dw. If anyone knows me in real life it is wayyyy too recognisable.

Personally I love art! Glad I got my gcse exam done a few weeks before the rest. It didn't feel like an exam as it was so chill
    I hated that 6 marker, but everything else in the C2 exam was easy, although I may have accidentally written 'atomic number' instead of 'atomic mass number'. By the way for that experiment question, would the student see solid copper deposited at the bottom of the beaker?

I could never draw well, so I don't like to discuss art.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Positivedani)
    Yeh; I emailed my teacher and asked and he said yes because thats why they ask for your working to be shown.
    But to make things worse I used the wrong unit! So thats like 5 or 6 marks lost!
    What question was this for?

(Original post by Theawesomejem)
    it's carbon 12, it's on the specification. The average relative atomic mass of each atom is compared to carbon 12, always, and in every element
    i found the chemistry C2 paper so easy which is a relief after the atrocity that was biology. That 6 marker was amazing so easy far from a stupid transect up a tree! So glad we got nothing on electrolysis, electroplating or how to make salts This paper actually tested knowledge and the content that we learn rather than stupid 'suggest' questions.
    Yeah the chemistry unit 2 and 3 were much better and unlike biology in which they tested out our critical thinking, AQA were testing out our knowledge. I feel as i had done 1000x better in chemistry than biology

ReputationRep:
    I put the same i forgot about the 'memory' part!!!

ReputationRep:
    Where was the balancing equations question in C2

Metal oxide is a type of a base?
    (Original post by JassyC)
    I got insoluble aswell:confused:

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.