Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellie<3)
    What did people get for what did the electrolysis of sodium chloride produce?? I put hydrogen and couldnt remember the other so put sodium hydroxide
    Yes correct I put the same and afterwards checked in my revision guide and it was right!!!

ReputationRep:
    could you have put potassium carbonate for the soluble compounds table question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    what did you put for question 1 c2
    The rate of reaction increased as the temperature increased

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember if this question came up in the C2 or C3 exam but it showed Pb(NO3)2, I think, and it asked how many atoms there are- what did you guys write? I wrote 2 but honestly people I know wrote 4,5,9..etc
    Also, what is used with cryolite to get aluminium? I wrote graphite or carbon I think because I didn't think it could be bauxite as you extracted the aluminium oxide from it and the Al2O3 was what was being electrolysed..
    Overall, I found chemistry a lot better than biology however looking back, I know I made silly mistakes and it may cost me an A* :/
    I think the grade boundaries might be:
    B2: 41 <hopefully this is lower, though!
    B3: 44
    C2: 43
    C3: 45

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    could you have put greater the temperature, the faster the rate of reaction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    also what did you get for part b and c of this question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangina44)
    I can't remember if this question came up in the C2 or C3 exam but it showed Pb(NO3)2, I think, and it asked how many atoms there are- what did you guys write? I wrote 2 but honestly people I know wrote 4,5,9..etc
    Also, what is used with cryolite to get aluminium? I wrote graphite or carbon I think because I didn't think it could be bauxite as you extracted the aluminium oxide from it and the Al2O3 was what was being electrolysed..
    Overall, I found chemistry a lot better than biology however looking back, I know I made silly mistakes and it may cost me an A* :/
    I put that it was 9 atoms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Thanks so much!! Because of you I can go to sleep tonight because I worked out I got around 51/60! I was really worried before
    what did you put for the what type of compound is a metal oxide question?

ReputationRep:
    Its 9 as there's 1 pb, 3 x 2 = 6 O and 2x n =2 n. 1+6+2=9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igcse101)
    It was either a base or an alkali

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for an unofficial markscheme im so worried that I didn't phrase things properly to get certain marks, hopefully not since the paper itself was easy. If anyone finds a markscheme can they link it here please?

ReputationRep:
    That could be a factor

ReputationRep:
    If your still unsure wot the question was check here : ive loaded it on
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...217&highlight=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igcse101)
    100 percent sure it's base

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for why Iodine had a low boiling point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph.luke10)
    Still waiting for an unofficial markscheme im so worried that I didn't phrase things properly to get certain marks, hopefully not since the paper itself was easy. If anyone finds a markscheme can they link it here please?
    The paper is here if u want it
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...217&highlight=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11Jason11)
    It was either a base or an alkali
    so if i wrote an insoluble compound thats wrong? aha i so guessed half of the exam.. there goes my A*

ReputationRep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=neil20143;55638899]I made a prediction list of what I think will come in C2 if it'll help!:
    -Diamond & Graphite
    -Nanoparticles
    -Thermosetting & Thermosoftening polymers
    -Catalysts
    -Electroplating? (not sure about this one :/ )
    -Salts
    -Empirical Formula (hasn't come up very recently so it's very likely)
    -Simple Molecules (Why is Carbon Dioxide a gas at room temperature or something like this)

All thoses Topics pretty much came up in the C2 Papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    could you have put greater the temperature, the faster the rate of reaction
    Yes defo

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.