Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

(Original post by Theawesomejem)
    wow in year 10???! you must be clever. I'm going xaverian college in manchester
    I had to teach most of unit 2 and 3 myself as I was initially put into the foundation class . I went to the teacher and he said I need to learn unit 2 and 3 so I did and got in most of my school is full of stupid people as it's not grammar. I really regret not applying to a grammar school :l

ReputationRep:
    The answer is 2520J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevinspl2000)
    I had to teach most of unit 2 and 3 myself as I was initially put into the foundation class . I went to the teacher and he said I need to learn unit 2 and 3 so I did and got in most of my school is full of stupid people as it's not grammar. I really regret not applying to a grammar school :l
    Trust me a grammar school is not much better!

ReputationRep:
    oh no it didn't say describe what happens when sodium reacts with chlorine so i didn't talk about lose/gain of electrons :s it said whats the structure or something. i put giant lattice containing oppositely charged ionic bonds held together by strong electrostatic forces which require lots of energy to break. Do you think that would be ok?

ReputationRep:
    oh no it didn't say describe what happens when sodium reacts with chlorine so i didn't talk about lose/gain of electrons :s it said whats the structure or something. i put giant lattice containing oppositely charged ionic bonds held together by strong electrostatic forces which require lots of energy to break. Do you think that would be ok?
    That would be a strong 4/5 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueyy__)
    it said total volume, so it must have been 25+30 = 55cm^3
    temp change was overall temp change, so you compare last measurement to first measurement and i got 14.

55*4.2*14 = 3234J
    That's what I thought at first but I checked with my teacher after the exam and said it was correct as they are measuring the temperature increase and if the reaction carried on the end temp woulove been 18 making the answer 0 so it didn't make sence.

ReputationRep:
    I put that and emailed my teacher and he said that its fine and the mark scheme will offer a range of answers xx

ReputationRep:
    I used 29cm3. And got 2436J I hope there is a margin of error! Is there usually on similar questions??

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3327275 --OFFICIAL P2 & P3 THREAD--

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Positivedani)
    I put that and emailed my teacher and he said that its fine and the mark scheme will offer a range of answers xx
    that's reassuring, thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please post a C3 mark scheme? That test was so dodgy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123456789s)
    That's what I thought at first but I checked with my teacher after the exam and said it was correct as they are measuring the temperature increase and if the reaction carried on the end temp woulove been 18 making the answer 0 so it didn't make sence.
    (Original post by TrixieOwl)
    I used 29cm3. And got 2436J I hope there is a margin of error! Is there usually on similar questions??
    but the volume was still 55? not 30 (or 29)

ReputationRep:
    it said total volume, so it must have been 25+30 = 55cm^3
    temp change was overall temp change, so you compare last measurement to first measurement and i got 14.

55*4.2*14 = 3234J

Im pretty sure that it was 25cm^3 + 50cm^3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rit101)
    Im pretty sure that it was 25cm^3 + 50cm^3
    where did you get 50 from?

ReputationRep:
    where did you get 50 from?

I swear 50cm was on the bottom of the grapgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydia.B)
    Yes, I am doing separate science so today I had my C2 at 9:00 and my C3 at 10:00 and I have my C1 in June
    Serious you mean you are doing C1 C2 C3 and B1 B2 B3 and P1 2 and 3 😲in a year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rit101)
    I swear 50cm was on the bottom of the grapgh
    thought that was concentration (x-axis) and temperature going up (y-axis)

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do a C3 mark scheme?

(Original post by 123456789s)
    The temperature change was 20 as the question was asking for the maximum point of the reaction and the mass wouldn't make sense if you was using mass of 55 and a change in temperature of 14 degrees therefore answer would be 20 * 4.2 * 55 = 4620 joules
    I had the same answer of 3222 something like that but after i checked and realise it wouldnt make sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheena_G)
    how do you have the paper?
    Please create an C3 unofficial mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.