Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muaaz98)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3327991
    Still hunting TSR for C3 Markscheme
    If you find one hit me up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Yeh less hydrogen iodide, more hydrogen and iodine as forward reaction is endothermic
    Literally, I could cry right now, I've screwed up so many answers and was so confident about chemistry, Id be absolutely deighted with an A now.
    So angry.
    guess I'll just have to absolutely nail unit 1 then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olivialloyd)
    Did you have to put the 12 part? I completely forgot to add that bit
    Maybe because theres other istopes of carbon like 16, but I don't know the mark scheme so maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes24)
    Ohhh right, don't worry, hopefully they won't want that much detail. I think I just put 3 proton, 4 neutron thing then the mass of a neutron and a proton is 1 each. Or maybe I did put relative atomic mass??! The brain trick thing is happening to me now xD
    Hopefully we both got the A* for Chemistry. I wish you the best for Physics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11Jason11)
    Unofficial Grade Boundaries

Chemistry Unit 2
    A*= 47
    A= 42
    B= 36
    C= 30
    D= 26

Chemistry Unit 3
    A*= 45
    A= 39
    B= 32
    C= 26
    D= 21
    do you know the one for biology unit 2 and 3 aqua

ReputationRep:
    did you guys find c3 difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iKali)
    I think the A* boundary will be aprox. 47 raw marks for C2 and for C3 it should be around 45 raw marks The exams were good but everyone is bound to make small silly mistakes even if all the knowledge is there , to prevent 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iKali)

i found unit 2 difficult i found unit 3 slightly easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kwstudent)
    Yep - Look for the post called C2 Paper GCSE - if u cant find it msg me and ill give u a link
    Could you send me the link please? :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia197)
    Oh no- I thought it was asking about the backwards reaction because this produced the hydrogen iodide (can't remember what it was called) and so the yield of this would decrease because it is exothermic- how many marks would I lose?

Raising the temperature would favor the forward reaction as endothermic draws in energy. This means more hydrogen and iodine will be produced from the thermal decomposition of hydorgen iodide.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post55816911 --OFFICIAL P2 & P3 THREAD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turtlebunny)
    Raising the temperature would favor the forward reaction as endothermic draws in energy. This means more hydrogen and iodine will be produced from the thermal decomposition of hydorgen iodide.
    No it was asking about the backwards reaction as the forwards reaction was endothermic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasconnor)
    No it was asking about the backwards reaction as the forwards reaction was endothermic
    It asked whether increasing the temperature would have any affect on the amount of hydrogen iodide produced. They said the forward reaction was endothermic. Now read my answer, and you will see it is correct.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post55816911 --OFFICIAL P2 & P3 THREAD

ReputationRep:
    so the grade boundaries will be quite low then. Do you guys have an unofficial mark scheme yet??

ReputationRep:
    It asked whether increasing the temperature would have any affect on the amount of hydrogen iodide produced. They said the forward reaction was endothermic. Now read my answer, and you will see it is correct.
    The reaction to produce hydrogen iodide was exothermic and so increasing the temp would decrease the yield mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    Hopefully we both got the A* for Chemistry. I wish you the best for Physics!
    Thanks, you too!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this. Increasing the temperature means they would try to decrease it by using an endothermic reaction (vs exothermic which would increase temperature further) and the endothermic reaction produced hydrogen and iodine, so more of the reactant- hydrogen iodide- would be used up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theawesomejem)
    The reaction was exothermic?? also you had to talk about the affect of concentration on rate of reaction basically in relation to the table
    sorry yes, i meant exothermic

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have pics of the paper that they could send to me cause that would be great ! I think there was one student who had the paper but i can't remember the name . Thanks.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.