Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

(Original post by MoshBosh)
    I think the grade boundaries will be 47/48 for C2 and 45-47 for C3. The exams actually weren't much more difficult than last year's, so I struggle to see AQA decreasing the grade boundaries more than by a mark or so, though I'm certain they won't increase them.
    I have a feeling the C2 one may be 50 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mareyak)
    Where can I find the C2 unofficial mark scheme?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3327991

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincentvangogh)
    am I the only person absolutely stressing out because I am having the worst gut feeling I absolutely done dreadful on the C3 exam. The C2 exam was slightly better for me, with the unofficial mark scheme up and everything, but I have forgotten what I had put for C3 and I am contemplating whether I even got just one mark. Sob. Please tell me I'm not the only one stressing out! I had revised so much ! P.S., does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme and/or paper for C3?
    I feel the same, except I thought that C2 was the worst I revised from the start of the Easter holidays and I've been getting As in class in past papers. Both these papers were awful and most people from my class thought the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I found biology better than c2 and c3 tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there a c3 mark scheme anywhere or b3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarllett)
    I feel the same, except I thought that C2 was the worst I revised from the start of the Easter holidays and I've been getting As in class in past papers. Both these papers were awful and most people from my class thought the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too! I've put so much effort in and I just really hope if I don't get the grade I wanted I just hope my ISA would pull it up a bit more! I hope C1 is slightly more better

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling the C2 one may be 50 for an A*
    The exam was easy, but the grade boundaries have never been over 48, therefore it seems implausible to me that it will rise to 50. But who knows you could be right

ReputationRep:
    At my sisters' school half of them left the exam crying. I didn't find it too bad though, and considering I had a sleepless night and was really ill - I'm quite happy!

I think it'll be around 45/60 for C2 and 44/60 for C3.

The exam was easy, but the grade boundaries have never been over 48, therefore it seems implausible to me that it will rise to 50. But who knows you could be right
    I hope i'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humzaawan123)
    I found biology better than c2 and c3 tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too I thought that the Biology papers were good. I'm not looking forward to Physics though! It's my worst subject!

ReputationRep:
    I hope i'm wrong.
    Yh I'm still sticking with 47 or 48, but gotta wait till results day. :007:

ReputationRep:
    What did you write for the catalyst question and the 'How the student could improve his apparatus' one?

For the first one I said:
    -Increases the rate of reaction
    -Large surface area so there are more frequent collisions between the particles at a given time.

For the second one I wrote:
    -Insulate the container
    -Prevents heat being transferred to the surroundings.

Is that all wrong? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    What did you write for the catalyst question and the 'How the student could improve his apparatus' one?

For the first one I said:
    -Increases the rate of reaction
    -Large surface area so there are more frequent collisions between the particles at a given time.

For the second one I wrote:
    -Insulate the container
    -Prevents heat being transferred to the surroundings.

Is that all wrong? :P
    That's correct, good job! I'm sure this won't cost you a mark, but it may have been better to say "prevents excessive heat being transferred to the surroundings"?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, so basically being the retard I am, I didn't read this C3 question properly. It was the one about HCl having a lower pH than carboxylic acids. I was so confused because it said 'lower' I automatically thought it was saying that HCl was weaker which confused me because that is the opposite of what I know. So I wrote some crap for that answer. Then as soon as the invigilator said to close the answer booklets I realised lower pH means stronger acid! UGH!! Who else made a stupid mistake? I can't be the only one, right?.....

ReputationRep:
    That's correct, good job! I'm sure this won't cost you a mark, but it may have been better to say "prevents excessive heat being transferred to the surroundings"?
    If I put "prevents heat loss" - would I still get the mark? The criteria on mark schemes are always very simplistic so I thought that would be enough for an explanation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    If I put "prevents heat loss" - would I still get the mark? The criteria on mark schemes are always very simplistic so I thought that would be enough for an explanation.
    Yeah, I'm sure you'll get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    what was the question about the reaction being endothermic and how it would affect the yield?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have an idea of the grade boundaries??
    for AQA C.2
    will they go up from last years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca098)
    does anyone have an idea of the grade boundaries??
    for AQA C.2
    will they go up from last years?
    this exam was very similar to last year's standard, therefore I would expect similar grade boundaries, e.g. 47/48, for an A*. I highly doubt it will increase.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.