ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    Would it have been right to say he would have seen effervescence or fizzing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep I flopped that question I think that's fine what you wrote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEs-2015)
    Is it only me who feels that they flopped c3
    I'm really upset at the moment knowing that I definitely got a few 1 mark/2 mark questions wrong
    I feel the same I think I also messed up on bio and chem was just a struggle ffs

ReputationRep:
    I can make an unofficial markscheme if someone gives the paper or pics of it !

ReputationRep:
    It asked for the overall temperature increase, the graph started at 18 and ended at 38, then it went down.

Since it's asking for the overall increase, it'd be the difference between the lowest and highest point, since the part where it goes down from 38 is a decrease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Unknow)
    What do you think the grade boundaries are this year guys??
    what's an A and what's a B?
    For unit 2 chemistry for the past 3 years, the grade boundaries have varied from 26 to 30 for a B and from 35 to 39 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    Biology and Chemistry A* grade boundaries? A range of answers would be great because obviously some people are going to find them harder than others.

ReputationRep:
    So here is basically the breakdown of all the grade boundaries for the 2 units of biology and chemistry over the last few years, hope this helps

CHEMISTRY GRADE BOUNDARIES
    Unit 2 =
    2012 - 20, 29, 39 (C, B, A)
    2013 - 18, 26, 35, 44 (C, B, A, A*)
    2014 - 21, 30, 39, 48 (C, B, A, A*)

Unit 3 =
    2013 - 28, 34, 40, 44 (C - A*)
    2014 - 29, 35, 41, 47 (C - A*)

BIOLOGY GRADE BOUNDARIES
    Unit 2 =
    2012 - 22, 28, 35, 42 (C - A*)
    2013 - 24, 31, 38, 45 (C - A*)
    2014 - 20, 26, 33, 40 (C - A*)

Unit 3 =
    2013 - 21, 27, 33, 36 (C - A*)
    2014 - 28, 33, 38, 43 (C - A*)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe.rc)
    So here is basically the breakdown of all the grade boundaries for the 2 units of biology and chemistry over the last few years, hope this helps

CHEMISTRY GRADE BOUNDARIES
    Unit 2 =
    2012 - 20, 29, 39 (C, B, A)
    2013 - 18, 26, 35, 44 (C, B, A, A*)
    2014 - 21, 30, 39, 48 (C, B, A, A*)

Unit 3 =
    2013 - 28, 34, 40, 44 (C - A*)
    2014 - 29, 35, 41, 47 (C - A*)

BIOLOGY GRADE BOUNDARIES
    Unit 2 =
    2012 - 22, 28, 35, 42 (C - A*)
    2013 - 24, 31, 38, 45 (C - A*)
    2014 - 20, 26, 33, 40 (C - A*)

Unit 3 =
    2013 - 21, 27, 33, 36 (C - A*)
    2014 - 28, 33, 38, 43 (C - A*)
    Thanks! Would anyone else agree that this year's biology paper wa harder than any of the previous past papers?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidF44)
    It asked for the overall temperature increase, the graph started at 18 and ended at 38, then it went down.

Since it's asking for the overall increase, it'd be the difference between the lowest and highest point, since the part where it goes down from 38 is a decrease.
    I was thinking that. I can't see why people have seen it as an energy level graph because I don't think it is? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    I was thinking that. I can't see why people have seen it as an energy level graph because I don't think it is? :/
    Definitely not an energy level diagram; for a neutralisation reaction the reaction would have been exothermic.. if it were an energy level diagram the line would have gone down; instead it went upwards on our graph.

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for the 6 marker on group 1's methods and group 2's methods for the 6 marker c3 ?

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme to wither of these papers to see how I did? (Roughly?)

ReputationRep:
    Hey i see you are preparing for your exam which is coming up soon. So i am guessing you did the 2014 june b1 exam. I was just wondering if you still remember the 6 marker question from that exam because i think i am doing a mock exam on it pretty soon. So please let me know what it was if you still remember it. Good luck with your exam. 👍

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=MrTechGamer;55849861]what did you guys get for the 6 marker on group 1's methods and group 2's methods for the 6 marker c3 ?[/QUO
    are u in year 11?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    Biology and Chemistry A* grade boundaries? A range of answers would be great because obviously some people are going to find them harder than others.
    Are u in year 11?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please please let me know the 6 marker question of b1 from june 2014 exam paper. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please please let me know the 6 marker question from june 2014 B1 exam paper. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RianD1998)
    It never said After so don't make stuff up. The majority of people I asked put 20, still it could be either 14 or 20
    It said total and they were basically trying to ask you what was the overall energy change after the whole experiment (total experiment). So it's end temp take away start temp which is 14. Everyone I know put 14. There is a reason why the graph goes down you know. It didn't just go down for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co0lguy123)
    Can anyone please please let me know the 6 marker question from june 2014 B1 exam paper. Thank you
    Go on the aqa website

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone have the B2 paper? Thanks!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.