Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxjackson5)
    If you reckon you were bang on, what do you think you got in C2??
    I think 47/48 which will probably be either one mark below or straight on the boundary :/

ReputationRep:
    I have read back through some of the posts in this thread and especially note the opinions of Palette (I think that's right). For your information, teachers are allowed to access the material online 10 days after the exam as has been stated by someone else. Also, we are allowed a hard copy from our exams officer 48 hours after the exam.

Someone has talked about isolation and they are quite correct about this.

One important reason to keep papers secure post an examination is because they are often used the following year for mock exams. If they are secure then students will not have seen the paper. If they are posted online then students can see all of the questions for their mock and cheat, though in the end of course the only person they cheat is themselves.

I am a genuine teacher and not a troll as has been suggested. Thanks to Palette for your interest in my historical posts.

ReputationRep:
    Here is the front of an OCR paper where you can see that copyright has been clearly stated.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  178.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muaaz98)
    Don't listen to that 85% bogus, teachers really seem to have little understanding of grade boundaries. You need 90% of the UMS MARKS for A*, but this is different for every exam. If an A* is 45/60, you actually got 90/100 UMS - If an A was 35, this would be 80 UMS. A mark of 40 would therefore be 85 UMS.
    If the A* boundary was at 48 and you got 48, this would be 90 UMS (getting 45 again would be <90 UMS). All the units are out of 100 UMS (A* in the ISA is 44, a mark of 44 = 90 UMS), so getting 90 in each unit gets you 360 overall.
    So if you got 45 marks in your ISA would that be worth more UMS or still 90'? Just wondering cause I was a couple of marks away form an A* in my physics ISA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    I think 47/48 which will probably be either one mark below or straight on the boundary :/
    I'm exactly the same! certain I got 47 or 48 so let's just hope the grade boundaries are lower than we expect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muaaz98)
    Don't listen to that 85% bogus, teachers really seem to have little understanding of grade boundaries. You need 90% of the UMS MARKS for A*, but this is different for every exam. If an A* is 45/60, you actually got 90/100 UMS - If an A was 35, this would be 80 UMS. A mark of 40 would therefore be 85 UMS.
    If the A* boundary was at 48 and you got 48, this would be 90 UMS (getting 45 again would be <90 UMS). All the units are out of 100 UMS (A* in the ISA is 44, a mark of 44 = 90 UMS), so getting 90 in each unit gets you 360 overall.
    That makes soo much sense!! Thank you so much I was stressing.
    How do you think your papers went?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samistrawberry)
    So if you got 45 marks in your ISA would that be worth more UMS or still 90'? Just wondering cause I was a couple of marks away form an A* in my physics ISA.
    45 is worth 93 UMS, but this is based on last year's boundaries. If the A* is still 44, then yeah you'd get higher than 90 - if A* moves to 45 which it might, then it's exactly 90.
    Either way, 45 is definitely a comfortable A* in the ISA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueturquoise)
    That makes soo much sense!! Thank you so much I was stressing.
    How do you think your papers went?
    No problem!
    Bio papers went so smoothly to be honest, people seemed unconfident on tsr but I'm sorta convinced I'll get A* in both. Exams themselves were decent, there were a few unorthodox questions that tend to annoy, but having done enough past papers it should have been fine!
    C2 went well too, much of the questions were the same typical stuff that gets repeated. C3 was the only paper so far that got me, that 5 marker was the stupidest question ever written... I imagine A* will be low in that, probably got around 45 though, maybe a mid A if not borderline A* !
    How did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    It said something about what type of compound is ___? I said ionic

ReputationRep:
    Right, let's talk about Physics...
    Oh wait, AQA

ReputationRep:
    Overall how would you rank all the exams (B3,B2,C2,C3,P2,P3) from the easiest and ones you did best in , to the hardest and the ones you did worst in. For me it's: easiest: B2
    C2
    C3
    B3
    P2
    Hardest: P3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humzaawan123)
    The whole mock point doesn't make sense , there is unofficial mark schemes and discussions about answers all over tsr. Removing papers will in no way reduce this issue and there is no way a paper can be truly secure because chances are someone on tsr has done it and posted about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's true. But the TSR mods have a strict curfew policy over requesting the last year's exam papers before they are released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humzaawan123)
    Overall how would you rank all the exams (B3,B2,C2,C3,P2,P3) from the easiest and ones you did best in , to the hardest and the ones you did worst in. For me it's: easiest: B2
    C2
    C3
    B3
    P2
    Hardest: P3
    Easiest: C2
    Easy: B2
    OK: B3
    OK: P2
    Hard: P3
    Hardest: C3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    Easiest: C2
    Easy: B2
    Hard: P3
    Hardest: C3
    Easiest: C3
    Easy: P3
    Hard: C2
    Hardest: B2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11Jason11)
    Easiest: C3
    Easy: P3
    Hard: C2
    Hardest: B2
    That's almost a mirror image to how I found the papers!

ReputationRep:
    That's almost a mirror image to how I found the papers!
    Omg it actually is! I found the unit 3's easier

ReputationRep:
    My eyes went tired and I started to have a headache in the physics exams so I made loads of avoidable mistakes due to not reading graphs and diagrams properly (in the calculations and drawings) until it got to the point I guessed the Fleming's left hand rule question (I drew a downward arrow), since I thought 'I might as well try my bet- it's a 50% chance of getting it right anyway).

ReputationRep:
    What happened to those trolls in your Physics exam discussion thread?

ReputationRep:
    My eyes went tired and I started to have a headache in the physics exams so I made loads of avoidable mistakes due to not reading graphs and diagrams properly (in the calculations and drawings) until it got to the point I guessed the Fleming's left hand rule question (I drew a downward arrow), since I thought 'I might as well try my bet- it's a 50% chance of getting it right anyway).
    The correct, the answer is downwards! I made a couple of mistakes, and you keep hearing the phrase "check over your work" but you don't realise the amount of mistakes until you have finished doing the paper

ReputationRep:
    The correct, the answer is downwards! I made a couple of mistakes, and you keep hearing the phrase "check over your work" but you don't realise the amount of mistakes until you have finished doing the paper
    I must agree with you there. My calculator has insanity problems meaning that it has started to give all answers in standard form for some reason and I think I may have lost a mark in that pressure question for converting the standard form to the full value incorrectly.

P.S. Can you justify why it's downwards? Some people keep saying it's upwards while others claim it's downwards, and both the explanations sound really convincing as I couldn't even be bothered to recall which finger represented what so I had a blind shot at it.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.