Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Useful exam revision techniques Watch

ReputationRep:
    Any exam techniques helpful for memorising something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mnemonics help for essay based subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Mindmaps and method of loki.

ReputationRep:
    what helps me is if i go through a topic, write notes, and then answer exam questions on the topic. and just repeat this for all topics in the unit. then do as many unit papers possible!

hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGrammarGuru)
    what is mnemonics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kats_)
    Any exam techniques helpful for memorising something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Read, then write notes on it in bullet point form and memorise it by saying it aloud till you have got it in your head.
    Do past paper questions or just look at the answers and memorise it for essay based subjects. But make sure you understand the "key concepts" so you can apply it elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nats927)
    what is mnemonics?
    They are a useful revision aid tip from which you remember things in a topic with a word. ie. VICMEALS helps me to remember all of the eight fold path 'rights'

Hope this helps, btw I'm new on tsr

ReputationRep:
    They are a useful revision aid tip from which you remember things in a topic with a word. ie. VICMEALS helps me to remember all of the eight fold path 'rights'

Hope this helps, btw I'm new on tsr
    ohh i see! i thought that was called an acryonm.

ReputationRep:
    ohh i see! i thought that was called an acryonm.
    It may be! I'm not sure :O but that's how I remember it!
    A proper mnemonic is the Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain for rainbow colours

ReputationRep:
    what helps me is if i go through a topic, write notes, and then answer exam questions on the topic. and just repeat this for all topics in the unit. then do as many unit papers possible!

hope this helps!
    Thanksssss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sykro)
    Read, then write notes on it in bullet point form and memorise it by saying it aloud till you have got it in your head.
    Do past paper questions or just look at the answers and memorise it for essay based subjects. But make sure you understand the "key concepts" so you can apply it elsewhere.
    Great thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Need to try that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel like the best way i memories things are by flash cards i live by them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kats_)
    Great thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My way is the best for me, I wasted time doing a lot of those other revision techniques and making colorful notes etc, I just found notes and memorizing saying it aloud is the best, really don't waste your time doing anything else during exam season.
    Try the other methods only when you have more free time.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.