Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering who might be going to Bolton 15/16 in September to do games art

I would just like to know your feelings and thoughts about going as I feel nervous going and just discuss anything else. Thanks ^_^

ReputationRep:
    If all goes to plan I'll be there, but I'll be starting on the second year since I'm currently finishing up my HND in Games Development.

Really excited to start, need to plan my means of transport though since I'll be coming in from Manchester. Oh, and I should probably open up Maya and get used to that instead of 3DS Max. XD

Why the nerves? ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotRog)
    If all goes to plan I'll be there, but I'll be starting on the second year since I'm currently finishing up my HND in Games Development.

Really excited to start, need to plan my means of transport though since I'll be coming in from Manchester. Oh, and I should probably open up Maya and get used to that instead of 3DS Max. XD

Why the nerves? ^^
    Nice you sound pretty prepared im nervous because I've had a two year gap from education not intentional but yeah I know I will be fine I just thought i would never go to uni! I'm pretty excited as well the course sounds really good ^_^
    I need to have a go of Maya also still need to upgrade my comp first though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exploded Nun)
    Nice you sound pretty prepared im nervous because I've had a two year gap from education not intentional but yeah I know I will be fine I just thought i would never go to uni! I'm pretty excited as well the course sounds really good ^_^
    I need to have a go of Maya also still need to upgrade my comp first though
    Ah I see, yeah I'm sure you'll be fine! Same here ^^ Are you from Bolton or will you be moving?

Yeah, an upgraded PC will definitely help out.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, yeah I'm sure you'll be fine! Same here ^^ Are you from Bolton or will you be moving?

Yeah, an upgraded PC will definitely help out.
    I live in wales but I'm familiar with Manchester went to Bolton for the interview but I've never lived away from home I don't live with my parents at the moment but I live near them in a house share.
    But I know I will love it !
    Yeah I'm getting the components for the computer and building it

ReputationRep:
    I live in wales but I'm familiar with Manchester went to Bolton for the interview but I've never lived away from home I don't live with my parents at the moment but I live near them in a house share.
    But I know I will love it !
    Yeah I'm getting the components for the computer and building it
    Sweet, that's good! When I went for my interview I took two buses.. 2 hours later I was in Bolton XD

Awesome, good luck with it!^^

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, that's good! When I went for my interview I took two buses.. 2 hours later I was in Bolton XD

Awesome, good luck with it!^^
    Haha bummer :L thankyou hopefully I choose wisely I just cant wait to go now I'm working at the moment and I'm just so bored!

ReputationRep:
    Haha bummer :L thankyou hopefully I choose wisely I just cant wait to go now I'm working at the moment and I'm just so bored!
    Yeeah! XD

No problem, ah lucky! I'm looking for some part time right now and I only have about three more weeks left of the HND course to finish all my assignments. Need to save up money T.T Well, on the bright side it's under 4 months to go!

ReputationRep:
    Yeeah! XD

No problem, ah lucky! I'm looking for some part time right now and I only have about three more weeks left of the HND course to finish all my assignments. Need to save up money T.T Well, on the bright side it's under 4 months to go!
    Nice good luck with all your assignments and things! Yeah not long to go good luck with finding a job too
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi lads, you all well?

Just wondering how you getting on? The final semester is nearly over here so just exams and deadlines. Have you got any questions about starting? Also don't forget to join 2015/6 fresher's group and university pages on Facebook and Twitter to stay updated.

Saf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Bolton)
    Hi lads, you all well?

Just wondering how you getting on? The final semester is nearly over here so just exams and deadlines. Have you got any questions about starting? Also don't forget to join 2015/6 fresher's group and university pages on Facebook and Twitter to stay updated.

Saf
    hey I'm doing ok (and I know it doesn't matter that much but I'm a girl no biggie haha) anyways yeah I'm just fed up of waiting around now just want to go uni! Do you get used to uni pretty quickly when you move to the place and start your lectures and stuff?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    hey I'm doing ok (and I know it doesn't matter that much but I'm a girl no biggie haha) anyways yeah I'm just fed up of waiting around now just want to go uni! Do you get used to uni pretty quickly when you move to the place and start your lectures and stuff?
    I should have expected that lol my bad. I've just stopped reading people's username on here, it really messes with your brain when you're dyslexic

As for getting used to the whole feeling of being at uni. It should be a gradual transformation and as we are a small and friendly University you should fit in much easier and the first couple of weeks of freshers activities and just familiarising youself will help. You mention that you've been out of education and slightly worried about fitting in. I can assure you will not be the only student in this situation plus we have a dedicated student services department that are there to help in all situations. Have you joined the freshers and university Facebook groups?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.