Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA GCSE CHEMISTRY UNIT 3 14 May 2015 [Official Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    here are the past papers https://drive.google.com/folderview?...zQ&usp=sharing

Share predictions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synonym)
    here are the past papers https://drive.google.com/folderview?...zQ&usp=sharing

Share predictions
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the chemistry forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=130

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions ?

ReputationRep:
    Question:
    Water is a covalent compound. However, electrolysis of water causes it to break down into OH- and H+. Why would a covalent compound ionise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GREG w)
    Question:
    Water is a covalent compound. However, electrolysis of water causes it to break down into OH- and H+. Why would a covalent compound ionise?
    isnt that unit 2 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kagakiri)
    Since the past two years have both been 6 mark method questions, I think that this year will be an evaluation question. It'll probably be either evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of softening hard water or the advantages and disadvantages of alcohols (maybe also extending to carboxylic acid and esters). I'm really hoping for the latter since I'm much better at it :giggle: . Also a lot of equilibrium questions would be appreciated!
    noooo not water questions hate them xD

Hopefully there will be alot about the haber process

ReputationRep:
    I am kiiiiiind of assuming water or ammonia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kagakiri)
    Since the past two years have both been 6 mark method questions, I think that this year will be an evaluation question. It'll probably be either evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of softening hard water or the advantages and disadvantages of alcohols (maybe also extending to carboxylic acid and esters). I'm really hoping for the latter since I'm much better at it :giggle: . Also a lot of equilibrium questions would be appreciated!
    thats pretty much exactly what came up!!! Are you from the future?!?!?!

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.