Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Struggling with revising for Physics Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProNoob)
    I also struggled with itLets hope that OCR are focusing too much on the new spec so make this paper easierPosted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by victoria98)
    I got 9/10, 18/20 and 8/10 so 35/40 like you. Wasn't that an A last year? I have a feeling it might not be this time around.... How did you do in your other science controlled assessments?
    LOL I hope

I got 32/40 in chemistry and 36/40 in biology
    I hate controlled assessments, they've always brought me down especially for chem...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    Woah Really, so how did you guys make notes? I want to try just using past papers but I think I still have a lot to learn in the terms of after looking at the physicsmathstutor's notes lol I didn't understand a lot on there which is why I keep returning to the book because his notes are based on the books. Do you have any suggestions or alternatives. Our exam is next week and if I am honest- I think overall in Physics I may get E grade. Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I don't think I've mastered anything- if I was lucky, I'd remember things here and there. I hope you get the A grade People on TSR work so hard, it always shakes me.
    I've just had to rely on the teachers notes that we make in class. I also got all the power point presentations that my teacher used. You can probably ask your teacher to copy them onto a USB if you want. What is your target grade? I'm where you are with physics with RS so I've just dropped everything else pretty much and focused on RS but only because I'm really happy with where I am on those subjects, is physics a priority?

and thanks nothings worse than those people who snapchat you with 'just completed my thirteenth hour of revision today" XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophierwilson)
    I've just had to rely on the teachers notes that we make in class. I also got all the power point presentations that my teacher used. You can probably ask your teacher to copy them onto a USB if you want. What is your target grade? I'm where you are with physics with RS so I've just dropped everything else pretty much and focused on RS but only because I'm really happy with where I am on those subjects, is physics a priority?

and thanks nothings worse than those people who snapchat you with 'just completed my thirteenth hour of revision today" XD
    Wow, physics at your school sounds awesome. With us we had three different new teachers for Physics this year and our main physics teacher (one who stayed for longest) used revision sheets to 'teach' us. We never ever had hw too but was told just to do the questions from the book.
    Good luck with RS, I wish I took it instead of Physics.
    YES YES YES lol Physics and Chemistry at the moment are where my time lies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    Thanks, in short, things on Motion, Forces and Energy.
    I'm ok with the theory aspects but when it comes to calculations and figuring out what to do using principles etc, I kind of go blank a bit.
    (Original post by MUTTA)
    Doing the same exam.
    Just learn all principles and definitions.
    And do all papers including legacy papers thats like 15 papers and check mark scheme and memorise answers that keep coming up every year.Thats basically it its not about memorising for physics is about the understanding.
    Hey, if it helps there are loads of good physics flashcards, notes, mindmaps and quizzes on the student room here - you can filter them down by topic on the left hand side for things like 'forces' etc. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Do any of you do Chemistry? If you do, in your opinion which would be easier to grab concepts or study for in days to get at least a pass. I know this is extreme but I have no choice anymore, I have the chance of choosing between Chemistry and Physics. I was thinking maybe Chemistry would be easier to study for as it's on the 22nd so more time but then Physics had less definitions, the concepts aren't exactly hard to understand but I have issues studying physics and feeling satisfied with notes. What do you think? I'm making a gamble move, just going to go for it but need to decide.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.