Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Why did stalin become leader of the ussr? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Right, so I know all the facts about how Stalin came to power but I have no idea how to put it into paragraphs.

I know some popular paragraph headings are:

Tactical Manoeuvring

Political Skill/ Cunning

Ideological Disputes

Weaknesses of Opponents

Powerbases

But I have no idea what information goes under what heading?

I am stressing out so so much please help me

ReputationRep:
    Tactical Manouvering/Politcal skill/Personality (go together imo) - Conflicts between Left and Right Wings over issues, Stalin 'moderate', stayed neutral and tried not to get involved, stayed under the radar, underestimated him.

Weakness of opponents - Buk and Zin werent seen as possible leaders. Trotsky had no party powerbase. Bukharin and Trotsky extreme views.

Powerbases - Stalin General Secretary, could get party members on his side. Zinoviev head of Leningrad, Kamenev head of Moscow, but Stalin responsible for hiring and firing so these soviets still largely loyal to Stalin. Trotsky's army powerbase made him the main threat to others. Bukharin editor of Communist magazine Pravda, could influence some, but less would listen as loyal to Stalin.

Conclude.

(After each paragraph, sum up how the info you included links back to the question, AKA a 'mini conclusion')

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Its because of the slave power consiracy and the rise of the nazi zombies, while stalin was all god like spinning this way and that with his golden lightsaber dueling our pal adolfin hitler, he was also conquering the whole entire world, everthing else youve been told is a LIE!!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.