Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

The Table's Revenge Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's been four years since I've had to do any creative writing so here goes nothing. Warning: Not for the squeamish.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It all started out on a warm summer day in a small office when a young man discovered that he was dismissed from employment. As the man was preparing to leave, he clenched his fist and smashed his work table at full-force in what would later turn out to be an astonishing display of naivety. Although unnoticed, a compounded snapping and thudding sound penetrated the walls of the office. A cold sensation surged through the man's arm for a split second before he was knocked out cold from the insurmountable pain of the impact.

Little did the man know that the pain of not his broken bones but something far more sinister would awaken him from his slumber. The man released a blood-curdling scream as what can only be described as a grotesque, long, thick, hard, rod-shaped object inserted itself into the man’s lower orifice. Once inside, the table leg continued to push inwards little by little, causing the man to scream in agony every time as the man was gradually being ruptured from the inside and more blood oozed out. The man desperately tried to project himself away from the table. However, this was to no avail as he found himself entangled by the table's other extremities and bound to the underside of the now inverted table by a thick layer of chewing gum. Eventually, a concoction of organ tissue, body fluids and partially digested food would erupt from the man’s mouth like water from a fountain. One could say the walls were painted with the stuff although the dim, flickering lights, crudely fashioned decorations and strange ciphers visible throughout the room would suggest this is far from a first coating.

The table leg appeared to be all but consumed until it emerged out of the oral cavity, now stained red from the man’s blood. Once the leg was in sight, something strange happened – it appeared as if the leg was diverging from its axis. Indeed, the leg was rebelling against its unorthodox position by splitting into two components, each of which pushed against the man’s innards in opposite directions. Eventually, the man’s now inanimate body gave way to the rising pressure, resulting in a shower of blood and faecal matter.

No one has dared to bang a table since.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, this reminds me of Vlad the impaler's horrible execution methods. This is also something that Darren Shan would write, it's good and well written though :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdmundWoodstock)
    Lmao, this reminds me of Vlad the impaler's horrible execution methods. This is also something that Darren Shan would write, it's good and well written though :lol:
    Thanks. I did have Vlad the Impaler in mind while writing this.

ReputationRep:
    is this an entry for a competition, or do you just like wirting this f@*^ed up stuff? Also did you do a humanities degree? Just why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radk)
    is this an entry for a competition, or do you just like wirting this f@*^ed up stuff? Also did you do a humanities degree? Just why?
    This isn't for a competition.
    Did you enjoy it?
    Nope, I study a STEM subject.
    I wanted to try something a little different.

I honestly really like these kinds of things :laugh: very weird I know. It's like something out of a tomska video
    Anyway I think it's well written. Have you thought about writing full length stories? Like a novel or something like that

Gory and nasty haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    I honestly really like these kinds of things :laugh: very weird I know. It's like something out of a tomska video
    Anyway I think it's well written. Have you thought about writing full length stories? Like a novel or something like that
    Not really. I'm not sure if I have the patience for that

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 13, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.