Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

This guy is super confusing Watch

Okay so basically I met this guy a few months ago and we've been on like 3 proper dates but we we like text, snapchat, fb, etc all the time and recently, he keeps mentioning sex like every time we talk he's like oh do you wanna come over and have sex. This lead me to believe that basically he was just a ****boy but a few weeks ago he found out that I had gone on 2 dates and all of a sudden he gets all protective and says he doesn't want me to see other guys (but we aren't even dating exclusively?) and he keeps going I love you you're great blah blah blah

Basically i don't know whether he basically just wants one thing or whether he wants to be in a relationship :/

Also, he's kinda assumed that I've had sex but I'm a virgin (Im 18) and yeah I don't know how to bring this up...

ReputationRep:
    Go revise.

Sounds like a bit of a ****.

(Original post by seizetoday)
    Go revise.
    I've revised chemistry and C4 for 6 hours today I'm DONE haha

(Original post by Tabstercat)
    Sounds like a bit of a ****.
    Would you just completely cut him off then?

He sounds like a waste of time, to be honest. He comes across like he'll say anything to get you to sleep with him.

If you want to go there, you're best off just being honest with him about being a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay so basically I met this guy a few months ago and we've been on like 3 proper dates but we we like text, snapchat, fb, etc all the time and recently, he keeps mentioning sex like every time we talk he's like oh do you wanna come over and have sex. This lead me to believe that basically he was just a ****boy but a few weeks ago he found out that I had gone on 2 dates and all of a sudden he gets all protective and says he doesn't want me to see other guys (but we aren't even dating exclusively?) and he keeps going I love you you're great blah blah blah

Basically i don't know whether he basically just wants one thing or whether he wants to be in a relationship :/

Also, he's kinda assumed that I've had sex but I'm a virgin (Im 18) and yeah I don't know how to bring this up...
    Wow, awkward situation hun. Tbh it sounds like his 'protective' act is more about him wanting to keep you to himself, at least until he's had sex with you. I don't mean to come off sounding so pessimistic. But from what you've said, he seems very preoccupied with the thought of sex with you. Be careful. Also... regarding your virginity, don't feel pressured to lose it to him unless it feels right. And he will have to know at some point that you are still a virgin. It's best not to delay things like that too much, just be honest with him. If he really likes you for you, it's not gonna matter to him. He'll still want you. If it matters to him, you'll have your answer. x

ReputationRep:
    get away from the sex pest's nest before it's too late

ReputationRep:
    I think you should just have a proper chat with him and ask him directly whether all he wants to do is have sex with you. If he truly loves you then being a virgin at 18 shouldn't be a problem. Seriously, many people are virgins at 18, it's nothing to be ashamed of and this insane pressure on young people nowadays to lose their virginity by the time they're 13 is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Run away in the opposite direction to this guy. There is nothing good about it him and I question your intelligence if you decide to continue with him.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously girl, getaway from him. Run fast, run far. You know what he wants, and once you give it to him, he will drop you like a hot potato . By the way, it's really admirable that you're still a virgin that's a great thing .

ReputationRep:
    I hate guys who think they are doing the world a favour by calling a girl beautiful or telling her they love her. Sadly he sounds like one of those guys..

If he is serious and wants to be with you he will meet up you before and even date you for a few weeks before wanting or having sex with you. If you like him and really want to see if he's in it for the sex or not there is this 3 month rule thing (kinda stupid but kinda true). If a guy only wants a girl for sex he won't stick around for longer than 3 months. However, if a guy genuinely like a girl he will wait 3 months or longer.

(Original post by pfm)
    He sounds like a waste of time, to be honest. He comes across like he'll say anything to get you to sleep with him.
    If you want to go there, you're best off just being honest with him about being a virgin.
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    Wow, awkward situation hun. Tbh it sounds like his 'protective' act is more about him wanting to keep you to himself, at least until he's had sex with you. I don't mean to come off sounding so pessimistic. But from what you've said, he seems very preoccupied with the thought of sex with you. Be careful. Also... regarding your virginity, don't feel pressured to lose it to him unless it feels right. And he will have to know at some point that you are still a virgin. It's best not to delay things like that too much, just be honest with him. If he really likes you for you, it's not gonna matter to him. He'll still want you. If it matters to him, you'll have your answer. x
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    get away from the sex pest's nest before it's too late
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Run away in the opposite direction to this guy. There is nothing good about it him and I question your intelligence if you decide to continue with him.
    (Original post by EdmundWoodstock)
    I think you should just have a proper chat with him and ask him directly whether all he wants to do is have sex with you. If he truly loves you then being a virgin at 18 shouldn't be a problem. Seriously, many people are virgins at 18, it's nothing to be ashamed of and this insane pressure on young people nowadays to lose their virginity by the time they're 13 is ridiculous.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks for the advice Erm I think I'm gonna have a chat with him and basically tell him I don't exactly feel comfortable with him and his motives. Sigh there's plenty more fish in the sea...hopefully :heart::heart:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks for the advice Erm I think I'm gonna have a chat with him and basically tell him I don't exactly feel comfortable with him and his motives. Sigh there's plenty more fish in the sea...hopefully :heart::heart:
    You deserve better, OP. There are some really nice guys out there who will treat you well, and won't mess you around like this loser

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That's a very wise idea. I wish you all the best with that and I hope you find a genuine guy soon. x

(Original post by cranberrie'spy)
    Seriously girl, getaway from him. Run fast, run far. You know what he wants, and once you give it to him, he will drop you like a hot potato . By the way, it's really admirable that you're still a virgin that's a great thing .
    Thanks for the advice and haha thanks but I'm more so a virgin because I definitely have erm trust/confidence issues when it comes to guys so most relationships don't last more than a few weeks oops

(Original post by NatalieBlundell)
    I hate guys who think they are doing the world a favour by calling a girl beautiful or telling her they love her. Sadly he sounds like one of those guys..

If he is serious and wants to be with you he will meet up you before and even date you for a few weeks before wanting or having sex with you. If you like him and really want to see if he's in it for the sex or not there is this 3 month rule thing (kinda stupid but kinda true). If a guy only wants a girl for sex he won't stick around for longer than 3 months. However, if a guy genuinely like a girl he will wait 3 months or longer.
    Thanks for the advice

Personally, I'm just putting it out there, but maybe he want's to be exclusive with you, which would deffo explain why he wasn't best pleased about you going on some other dates. He may have started offering sex, as a means to keep you, because whilst me and others on here know you're a virgin after you told us, he may not, and so thought if he can satisfy you, you won't go to others. Sounds weird, but true enough. I know for one that if I thought the girl I've been into for ages would be in a relationship with me, if I offered to screw her, I'd be offering from now till kingdom come, even though I'm a virgin (18, and happily waiting for the right girl to lose it to). So maybe just speak to him about what he wants from you, because heck for all he knows, you're going on dates with others because he's not giving you any D.

(Original post by NatalieBlundell)

Three month rule doesn't always work, I should know, I've seen guys in it for longer, and once they get it, they're off. Not to say that that's always the case, but one guy was after a girl for close to two years, they had sex, he left her a week later. And then, one case where they had sex a few days after meeting, and they're still going strong as a couple. (5th anniversary is next month)

ReputationRep:
    Three month rule doesn't always work, I should know, I've seen guys in it for longer, and once they get it, they're off. Not to say that that's always the case, but one guy was after a girl for close to two years, they had sex, he left her a week later. And then, one case where they had sex a few days after meeting, and they're still going strong as a couple. (5th anniversary is next month)
    I see your point but it can be good as a guideline. I don't see any problem/issue with having sex early or late into a relationship. If they guy seems suspicious though and seems to only be after sex, then it maybe is worth waiting it out a while and seeing if he sticks around.

Don't be fooled,guys will tell girls anything to get in their pants so, you should cut him off from your life. This is evident because you have stated that he has mentioned sex and is over protective of you despite not being in a proper relationship.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 13, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.