The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA-12 marker?

Does anyone have a vague idea/ predictions of what will come up for the 12 marker? So anxious about tomorrow's exam (Unit 1).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Apparently the multi store model is likely to come up as the 12 marker as it hasn't been mentioned in the recent exams at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I think Multi-Store Model or the Working memory model have a good chance as they haven't come up in a while, and maybe effects of institutional care in attachment
Original post by Anya_98
Apparently the multi store model is likely to come up as the 12 marker as it hasn't been mentioned in the recent exams at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, I was thinking more of the attachment section because wasn't the last essay focusing on memory?

And, the multi-store memory model came up in 2012 as the 12 marker. My teacher predicts it will be Bowlby but isn't that too short to be an essay? 0.0

By the way, how is everyone's revision going? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
I suppose it could be bowlby but that does seem too short :/ I wish it was on MSM because that's what I'm best at attachment on the other hand ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn, Bowlby came up and that is the only one i had left....

How did you do on it?
I liked the 12 marker. Thank God No daycare:smile::smile:
I wrote a tiny bit about his evolution theory and monotropy, but couldn't remember any evaluation points. I ran out of things to write so I wrote about his maternal deprivation theory and his 44 Juvenile Thieves study, do you think I'll be alright? :')
Thank God that Day care didn't come, I was so glad, that was the thing I revised like lastmin.com so yeah I think I'll be good.
Original post by laurenrayment
I wrote a tiny bit about his evolution theory and monotropy, but couldn't remember any evaluation points. I ran out of things to write so I wrote about his maternal deprivation theory and his 44 Juvenile Thieves study, do you think I'll be alright? :':wink:

I guess Bowlby wasn't too bad, what I discussed was about the critical period, continuity Hypothesis and innate programming and used some evidence to back up my points like Hodges and Tizard no criticial period, McCathy for internal working model and some other stuff. I just hope those 5 pages weren't a heap of ***** xD Also, I am not too sure whether you are allowed to talk about the 44 juvenile thieves because wasn't that just for the maternal deprivation section? I tend to use those particular points and studies for maternal deprvivation hypothesis alone ''/ I hope you are allowed though, plus you talked about monotropy, so it's not all too bad :wink: :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Farah_786
I liked the 12 marker. Thank God No daycare:smile::smile:

I was actually ready for Daycare like, it was the only essay I had at the palms of my hand and could recite fully and accurately. >.<
Original post by FloralEssence
I guess Bowlby wasn't too bad, what I discussed was about the critical period, continuity Hypothesis and innate programming and used some evidence to back up my points like Hodges and Tizard no criticial period, McCathy for internal working model and some other stuff. I just hope those 5 pages weren't a heap of ***** xD Also, I am not too sure whether you are allowed to talk about the 44 juvenile thieves because wasn't that just for the maternal deprivation section? I tend to use those particular points and studies for maternal deprvivation hypothesis alone ''/ I hope you are allowed though, plus you talked about monotropy, so it's not all too bad :wink: :biggrin:

Haha, my mind just completely blanked!! I kept thinking of Lorenz with the geese! Yeah hopefully i'll get a few marks then, the rest of the paper was fine so I should be good :biggrin:
Original post by laurenrayment
Haha, my mind just completely blanked!! I kept thinking of Lorenz with the geese! Yeah hopefully i'll get a few marks then, the rest of the paper was fine so I should be good :biggrin:

Ahahaa, that happens to me all the time! And yes, I am sure you will, GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:
Original post by FloralEssence
I was actually ready for Daycare like, it was the only essay I had at the palms of my hand and could recite fully and accurately. >.<

How did you find the paper??
Original post by Farah_786
How did you find the paper??

I found it erm okay :biggrin:... I mean, it wasn't 100% good but it wasn't too bad either to be honest. I am hoping for B minimum :0) However, I did get quite stuck on the Ainsworth (Attachment characteristics) part because I had literally refused to revise the topic the night before. >.< Ainsworth for me is one of those things that just doesn't seem to stick to memory idk... But I hope what I wrote was accurate :biggrin:

How did you find it? :troll::yay:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
What did everyone write for limitation of multi-store model?
Original post by Missy1x
What did everyone write for limitation of multi-store model?

I said that:

1) It is far too simplistic- evidence from WMM by baddeley and Hitch (talked about how there is a central executive, and subsidiary systems VSS + Phonological loop.

2) Has generated a lot of research and is highly influential in a sense that it led to the formation of subsequent models like the WMM. Therefore, it has increased our understanding of how memory works.

3) There is a lot of research to support the fact that there are two separate stores in terms of encoding, duration + capacity (I think this is what I said). Evidence:

Baddeley (66) - encoding
Peterson + peterson (59)- duration of STM
Jacobs (87/ 57 cant remember)- capacity of STM.
Barhick (75)- existence of a very long term memory.

This is what I wrote for A02- but expanded a bit.
(edited 8 years ago)
I said that it was too simplistic (a reductionist theory) and then explained

And my second point was that it the model is too reliant on elaborative and maintenance rehearsal and in real life we don't spend time rehearsing information yet some information still enters into short term memory. And that some stimuli can't be rehearsed, eg. Smells

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I wrote about how the studies on msm have used children of a specific ages groups and that they're laboratory studies so could lead to demand characteristics so results may be invalid
and about how we can do two things using the same store at once which shows stm is non unitary
What do you think the 12 marker will be in Unit 2?

Quick Reply

Latest