Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

History 13th May 2015 Francoism and Nazi Germany!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Who is doing these units? any predictions?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzinah)
    Who is doing these units? any predictions?
    I am!
    I think something to do with stability 1919 to 1923 and war defeat for Germany

Spain- failure of second Republic and why franco's regime lasted till death/ why transition to monarchy was so successful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmacls12)
    I am!

Spain- failure of second Republic and why franco's regime lasted till death/ why transition to monarchy was so successful
    Anything about Stresemann or volksgemeinschaft?
    Thank you so much! im freaking out :albertein::albertein:

ReputationRep:
    I am!

Alos if it's not too much to ask, could you give me example questions for the germany ones, im okay with spain! I cant find any past questions for the defeat of germany or 1919-23 stability

ReputationRep:
    Anything about Stresemann or volksgemeinschaft?
    Thank you so much! im freaking out :albertein::albertein:
    I think stresemann may come up to, or possibly one that links both the first years and stresemann! Volkgemeinschaft's possible (and if it is I think it'll be women)! I don't think I'll be the economy or nazi rise to power! I am a bit too now. The problem is there's not much more you can do than revise the facts because it's so dependent on the question!

ReputationRep:
    I think stresemann may come up to, or possibly one that links both the first years and stresemann! Volkgemeinschaft's possible (and if it is I think it'll be women)! I don't think I'll be the economy or nazi rise to power! I am a bit too now. The problem is there's not much more you can do than revise the facts because it's so dependent on the question!
    I'm just going to stay up tonight and try to plan all the past questions about 1923-29, Stresemann and volksgemeinschaft! Don't think im gonna bother with the war as I haven't even looked at that! But good luck!! Wish you the best!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to stay up tonight and try to plan all the past questions about 1923-29, Stresemann and volksgemeinschaft! Don't think im gonna bother with the war as I haven't even looked at that! But good luck!! Wish you the best!
    Thank you, and you!xx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, and you!xx
    Heyyy, how did it go for you? I completely flopped Germany!

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy, how did it go for you? I completely flopped Germany!
    Me too, those questions were ridiculous weren't they😭 pretty much the same as last year but less straight forward, the only decent one was the Franco one. Which did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Me too, those questions were ridiculous weren't they😭 pretty much the same as last year but less straight forward, the only decent one was the Franco one. Which did you do?
    the franco question was about his pragmatism right? about the whole regime?
    I CRIED OF LAUGHTER WHEN I SAW THE CIVIL WAR ONE LOOOOOOOL that must've been a struggle for the people who did it

ReputationRep:
    wow that question on the Spanish Civil War was actually ridiculous, I don't think anyone would have done it lol. How did you guys structure the Franco one? I was rushing a bit because I spent 5 minutes over on the first question and so I didn't bother planning it properly and just did it chronologically, one paragraph on how he maintained power 39-56, then 56-68 then 68-75, saying like that during the first and last he relied on repression rather than changing his policies, but in 56-68 it was him changing his policies which kept him in power and so if he hadn't he would have only lasted half as long, but it was pretty dodgy imo.

ReputationRep:
    the franco question was about his pragmatism right? about the whole regime?
    I CRIED OF LAUGHTER WHEN I SAW THE CIVIL WAR ONE LOOOOOOOL that must've been a struggle for the people who did it
    Oh that was ridiculous it was like the smallest grain of the syllabus but the only thing you could really write about was atrocities and do some about nationalists unity and divisions of republicans but not much else! So glad I was prepped for Franco, that was roughly what I thought would come up for him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shnen)
    wow that question on the Spanish Civil War was actually ridiculous, I don't think anyone would have done it lol. How did you guys structure the Franco one? I was rushing a bit because I spent 5 minutes over on the first question and so I didn't bother planning it properly and just did it chronologically, one paragraph on how he maintained power 39-56, then 56-68 then 68-75, saying like that during the first and last he relied on repression rather than changing his policies, but in 56-68 it was him changing his policies which kept him in power and so if he hadn't he would have only lasted half as long, but it was pretty dodgy imo.
    I did one on repression, one on propaganda, one on the economic boom and one on the growth of opposition as well as obviously the one on pragmatism. That one was actually quite nice tbf but the civil war one and the Germany ones were horrendous!

ReputationRep:
    I did one on repression, one on propaganda, one on the economic boom and one on the growth of opposition as well as obviously the one on pragmatism. That one was actually quite nice tbf but the civil war one and the Germany ones were horrendous!
    I did one paragraph for pragmatism, one for political manipulation, repression, propaganda, support of the elites, weaknesses of the opposition! Germany I knew absolutley nothing and had to think about what I learned in class 4 months ago.. Failed it! :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I did one paragraph for pragmatism, one for political manipulation, repression, propaganda, support of the elites, weaknesses of the opposition! Germany I knew absolutley nothing and had to think about what I learned in class 4 months ago.. Failed it! :afraid:
    Wow that's sounds good! Yeah I'd barely revised rise to power because I was convinced it wouldn't one up!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.