Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I know it's possible as I know people who have and heard of others getting into places like Newcastle with BCD! But these are rare exceptions. Is it worth trying? I really want to go here for physical geography and Geology but I know I will get BBC at best, I've been revising for weeks and have done past papers and get C's. I go to the local college and it isn't the best college to say the least with my geography teacher missing and having had three different psychology teachers. My grades are BCCD (art, bio, psy, geog). I am reasonably certain I could get BCCC overall and if I push myself BBCC plus I think my EPQ is an A grade.

They have asked for ABB and B minimum in geography, so I would still be very under is anyone else applying to an ABB uni with my grades or has? What was your experience?

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on your predicted grades, GCSE's, personal statement etc. I didnt do great at my scottish standard grades (same as gcse's) and at scottish highers I got CC (AS), so I resat at a college in England and got BBCC. My predicted grades though are AAA and I applied for Psychology which wants AAB requirements and I got an offer. So honestly if your tutors put your predicted grades as ABB, just make an amazing personal statement and work so so hard during exams. I never thought I'd get an offer as my college isnt the best either but you never know what can happen. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekah17)
    It all depends on your predicted grades, GCSE's, personal statement etc. I didnt do great at my scottish standard grades (same as gcse's) and at scottish highers I got CC (AS), so I resat at a college in England and got BBCC. My predicted grades though are AAA and I applied for Psychology which wants AAB requirements and I got an offer. So honestly if your tutors put your predicted grades as ABB, just make an amazing personal statement and work so so hard during exams. I never thought I'd get an offer as my college isnt the best either but you never know what can happen. Good luck!!
    I had Distinction,A*A*AAAAABB for my GSCE's and my predicted (and current) grades for a level is BCC but RH gave me an offer its just it's ABB. I think they know I cant get that so why even give me an offer? blah! I had an interview and maybe they felt obliged to, I really want to get in though.

Do you think you'll get AAA? the only thing is I know I cant get ABB. l I know my abilities and they are BBC at best. Did they lower your offer? Do you think you can meet it? Like I know I will be 2/3 grades under for an ABB uni Good luck to you I hope you get in where you want to! and thanks for converting the scottish to english hahah it helped me make sense of it

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt I'll get AAA, I'll probably get ABB at best because I'm resitting an AS unit and one of my subject teachers is absolutely useless haha. My offer was AAB but I have heard depending on others results/how much lower your results are you can still get in, just be optimistic though and work hard and you might be surprised on results day!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.