jMC69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can I do Radiography or Physiotherapy with Maths in place of a science subject(I do Maths,Ict and History) and currently having no work experience in either field (only experience was in Supervalu a local supermarket) coming to the end of AS!
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Unlikely. You're best off looking at foundation years - some universities will have courses for candidates who get high grades, but in unsuitable subjects.
Jai Sandhu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jMC69)
Can I do Radiography or Physiotherapy with Maths in place of a science subject(I do Maths,Ict and History) and currently having no work experience in either field (only experience was in Supervalu a local supermarket) coming to the end of AS!
I am not sure how much any science except biology would help you, however I pretty sure you could go on and do it with those A levels. It is like economics at university, you do not need to have done any economics at A level as they reteach it when you go to study it. Perhaps consider taking biology/p.e. AS?
jMC69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Jai Sandhu)
I am not sure how much any science except biology would help you, however I pretty sure you could go on and do it with those A levels. It is like economics at university, you do not need to have done any economics at A level as they reteach it when you go to study it. Perhaps consider taking biology/p.e.
AS?
Are you talking about radiography? If so then is it female dominated?
Jai Sandhu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jMC69)
Are you talking about radiography? If so then is it female dominated?
Talking for both and honestly it is quite a 50/50 split, you would be surprised.
FeelingDepressed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am not sure how much any science except biology would help you, however I pretty sure you could go on and do it with those A levels. It is like economics at university, you do not need to have done any economics at A level as they reteach it when you go to study it. Perhaps consider taking biology/p.e. AS?
Talking for both and honestly it is quite a 50/50 split, you would be surprised.
Are you doing Radiography? Radiography isn't remotely like Economics at university, of the 5 universities I applied ALL needed a science for radiography and four needed it at a grade B or above. I would concur that physiotherapy may be a 50/50 split but radiography most certainly isn't.

edited to add, most universities receive in excess of 700 applications for 50 places, some work experience and at least a day in a radiography department is a mandatory part of the application process.
FeelingDepressed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jMC69)
Stay on another year and get a science ALevel and work experience or drop one if the above and do a full science in a year if you college will let you and it suits the timetable. I did, it was tough at times but I am nearly there now, I did applied science and all my choices accepted it including a Russell Group.

You absolutely must get work experience for radiography, no idea about physiotherapy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.29%
I'm not sure (33)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (238)
30.71%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed