The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do on Tinder?

I'm an average/slightly below average looking guy. I had tinder for like 5/6 days. Got three matches, but only one was someone at my Uni and close by. We spoke and she seemed okay, I didn't sense a lot of interest but she kept talking and even asked question herself (so she obviously was happy to keep the convo going). Now I know if I want to have sex, I need to move quickly, so once she found out I lived like two minutes from her, I suggested we should meet for drinks/coffee sometime and exchanged numbers. Now it's been over a day since and we haven;t spoke.

If I meet for drinks or coffee, how should I proceed towards sex? what on earth am I meant to say or do? I'm clueless with this.

She's also an international student, so I'm not sure of there would be a cultural issue with casual sex? :s How do I make my intentions clear without being a creep or awkward.

Finally is it worth it? I have two final exams in a week and a half, would I just be better forgetting her, and just focus on my exams. (Keep in mind that would result in me finishing Uni still a virgin).
Reply 1
bump
It's not worth it.

Wait till you find the right woman, marry her, then bang her till you drop.

That's what I'd do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm an average/slightly below average looking guy. I had tinder for like 5/6 days. Got three matches, but only one was someone at my Uni and close by. We spoke and she seemed okay, I didn't sense a lot of interest but she kept talking and even asked question herself (so she obviously was happy to keep the convo going). Now I know if I want to have sex, I need to move quickly, so once she found out I lived like two minutes from her, I suggested we should meet for drinks/coffee sometime and exchanged numbers. Now it's been over a day since and we haven;t spoke.

If I meet for drinks or coffee, how should I proceed towards sex? what on earth am I meant to say or do? I'm clueless with this.

She's also an international student, so I'm not sure of there would be a cultural issue with casual sex? :s How do I make my intentions clear without being a creep or awkward.

Finally is it worth it? I have two final exams in a week and a half, would I just be better forgetting her, and just focus on my exams. (Keep in mind that would result in me finishing Uni still a virgin).

Well, after your exams, you won't have graduated yet, so you technically haven't really 'finished'?

Focus on your exams. Try and maintain contact with her though. Maybe ask to meet so you can revise together? (Do actually revise though....)

Try not to be so blunt with your intentions. Spend time, (I repeat, after exams) with her, enjoy her company, be nice to her. Treat her with respect. It's not fair to look at it like a race, just to have sex before you finish uni. This is another human being you are talking about.

Just take it slow

And when the time is right, tap that booty.
go for it, but dont sacrifice your exam revision time.

you never know, a good **** might relax you for the exam :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by JD1lla
Well, after your exams, you won't have graduated yet, so you technically haven't really 'finished'?

Focus on your exams. Try and maintain contact with her though. Maybe ask to meet so you can revise together? (Do actually revise though....)

Try not to be so blunt with your intentions. Spend time, (I repeat, after exams) with her, enjoy her company, be nice to her. Treat her with respect. It's not fair to look at it like a race, just to have sex before you finish uni. This is another human being you are talking about.

Just take it slow

And when the time is right, tap that booty.

I will be going home as soon as I finish my last exam. So after exams is out the question. Of course if she's not looking for sex, then I won't pursue, the question is whether if she is looking for just some casual sex, how can I tell?

I'm not desperate to lose my virginity before end of Uni. But I know going back home means I can't use tinder (being Muslim with lots of extended family in my home town). So I can't even date at home without worrying that someone will snitch on me (stupid I know).
I will be going home as soon as I finish my last exam. So after exams is out the question. Of course if she's not looking for sex, then I won't pursue, the question is whether if she is looking for just some casual sex, how can I tell?

I'm not desperate to lose my virginity before end of Uni. But I know going back home means I can't use tinder (being Muslim with lots of extended family in my home town). So I can't even date at home without worrying that someone will snitch on me (stupid I know).

Word of advice mate. Just don't push it too far. It depends on the person - she might like that......or she'll freak out and think you're a rapist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Word of advice mate. Just don't push it too far. It depends on the person - she might like that......or she'll freak out and think you're a rapist

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the issue, how do I actually bring up sex or see if she's interested.

I don't to just start humping her leg without permission.
Reply 8

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Allah forbid any kind of relationship between Man and Woman outside marriage?
Reply 9
Original post by JD1lla
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Allah forbid any kind of relationship between Man and Woman outside marriage?

Never said I was religious or follow it. Just my family and extended family are.
Reply 10
Never said I was religious or follow it. Just my family and extended family are.

"But I know going back home means I can't use tinder (being Muslim with lots of extended family in my home town)"

When you said "Being Muslim" I thought you were talking about yourself. I assumed also because you're anonymous. You are an adult. Why should your family have any say in what you do in your private life. To not use tinder because you're going back home..? It's your life haha
Hmm it's really up to you. If you want your first time to be casual sex with a girl you met through an app then that is honestly fine. On the other hand leaving Uni a virgin isn't that big of a deal. I know it may feel like it but nobody will know unless you tell them. You will find someone soon enough and it'll be a lot more comfortable with someone you like a trust instead of some random girl. However you may meet this girl, have sex with her and then grow to like her/date her. So many possibilities! Think them through and decide what you want to do :smile:
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
It's not worth it.

Wait till you find the right woman, marry her, then bang her till you drop.

That's what I'd do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:P LOL
Original post by JD1lla
"But I know going back home means I can't use tinder (being Muslim with lots of extended family in my home town)"

When you said "Being Muslim" I thought you were talking about yourself. I assumed also because you're anonymous. You are an adult. Why should your family have any say in what you do in your private life. To not use tinder because you're going back home..? It's your life haha

I guess "my family is Muslim" would have been a better phrase lol.

You see, my family been in here for decades so a lot of Asians in our area know us, and me (even if I don;t know them). If my parent saw me dating and whatnot (especially with a non Muslim) they'd flip out. I'm in no position to leave home obviously, unless I can find a job away from home.

I think other Asians would understand this situation, it sounds really stupid I know but some Asian parents are very strict with dating
Lol funny guy!
Reply 15
I guess "my family is Muslim" would have been a better phrase lol.

You see, my family been in here for decades so a lot of Asians in our area know us, and me (even if I don;t know them). If my parent saw me dating and whatnot (especially with a non Muslim) they'd flip out. I'm in no position to leave home obviously, unless I can find a job away from home.

I think other Asians would understand this situation, it sounds really stupid I know but some Asian parents are very strict with dating

I am Asian and had a very strict mother growing up when it came to girls. So I totally understand. I do understand the whole idea of 'caring about what the community thinks' etc. Like I said, you're an adult though.
Original post by JD1lla
I am Asian and had a very strict mother growing up when it came to girls. So I totally understand. I do understand the whole idea of 'caring about what the community thinks' etc. Like I said, you're an adult though.

Any advice on how I should about dating then, in my home town? Just don't want to cause drama.
Reply 17
Any advice on how I should about dating then, in my home town? Just don't want to cause drama.

Dating and casual sex are different things. If Tinder is the medium through which you wish to achieve casual sex, then just do what you've done to get this girl, but just apply it to your home town?

I don't really know how to go about it without your parents finding out though. When I was younger, I just challenged my mother when she disagreed. I stood for what I believed in. Had many arguements over it. But I stuck to my guns.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending