Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

I got a really really bad result on GCSE Art Watch

ReputationRep:
    my art
    i feel cheated that i get graded for what I write instead of what i draw in art
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    What result did you get? And yes it tends to be how all your projects/research 'come together' rather than drawing talent, much to the gripe of talented students. Your drawings esp. the cat on the left are uncommonly good.

You may think it gets better from here...it doesn't. The art market is based on strange politics, privilege and celebrity. Most art teachers, up to university level, don't possess much technical talent and so aren't in a position to foster it. But that's what I would pay for (I have talent), therefore I'm glad I didn't go to art school, especially with the fees.

See if you can't challenge the grade or whatever?

Good luck with whatever you do next.

ReputationRep:
    Wow those are great.

ReputationRep:
    Those are amazing, i hope you dont get too discouraged because of the low grade. Keep doing what you love, you are already so good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The two on the left are outstanding.

ReputationRep:
    fack the system those are gr8 m8

Beat em up

ReputationRep:
    Just curious what grade did they get, they look brilliant.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.