Turn on thread page Beta

Terminally ill to be FORCED to work or lose benefits watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rebar_facebook

Well this is what the great British public wanted wasn't it?

'Get a job! why should I have to pay my hard earned money for you to sit in a wheelchair all day!'

'I don't work 60 hour weeks so you can chill in a hospital bed watching Sky Sports on my hard earned taxes' 'Get a bloody job!' sounds about right?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, the Mirror is about as reliable as the Mail when it comes to pieces like this.

Surely nobody seriously believes the terminally ill will have to work or lose their benefits? It's ridiculous propaganda.

ReputationRep:
    I personally think work experience is a fair trade for the amount of benefits disabled people get. But .... A STRONG BUT .... That work experience should be about contributing to the local community rather than high street businesses.

The work experience should also fit into locations which disabled people can access and it should be flexible for a disabled person.

If I came really ill I would be up for offering a gardening service to every tax payer or pensioner. do chores and show people that people who are ill or disabled are still worth something. It would change peoples perceptions and the scrounger attitude would drop.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    That article is 3 years old....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh, the mirror. There ate only two things they do: baseless Tory bashing and pointless celebrity gossip

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Oh, the mirror. There ate only two things they do: baseless Tory bashing and pointless celebrity gossip

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dont the mail and sun do that with other parties though?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by xxvine)
    dont the mail and sun do that with other parties though?
    OP isn't quoting a 3 year old article from the Mail, nor from the Sun.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    if someones terminally ill with cancer and such they could struggle to get out of bed or rely on oxygen so expecting them to do something beyond their physical capabilities would be a bit far.

ReputationRep:
    Breaking news

tories eat babies
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by yoshibuster)
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rebar_facebook

Well this is what the great British public wanted wasn't it?

'Get a job! why should I have to pay my hard earned money for you to sit in a wheelchair all day!'

'I don't work 60 hour weeks so you can chill in a hospital bed watching Sky Sports on my hard earned taxes' 'Get a bloody job!' sounds about right?
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    That article is 3 years old....
    Given this thread is based on an outdated article, I'm going to close it.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.