Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Who's doing the AQA Religious Studies B Exam on Wednesday (13/05/2015)? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If anyone did young people:

- did any of you give examples for the coming of age ceremony? I gave an example of bar/bat mitzvah, hopefully that's right..
    - for the question that said 'explain problems for young people who CHOOSE to follow a religion'

I said that peer pressure may play a massive part eg a young Muslim man who wants to go out with his friend may be peer pressured to drink which is haram or a young Christian woman who goes out with her friends may be encouraged to do indecent things eg sex before marriage and then I spoke about its place in the bible, and then I went on to say how there shouldn't be any problems anyway because they CHOSE to follow the religion so they should know the consequences..

Would that be right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel dead inside.
    I did prejudice- ''what do religious believers believe about/think about ageism?'- and drew a complete blank! What did everyone else do?
    I feel my A* has gone down the drain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Déscartés)
    Who else thought that the question on abortion choices was poorly worded?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah!!! So many different answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KristaWinchester)
    I feel dead inside.
    I did prejudice- ''what do religious believers believe about/think about ageism?'- and drew a complete blank! What did everyone else do?
    I feel my A* has gone down the drain!
    Omg that one killed me hahahahahaah I wrote that ageism isn't specifically young people targeting old people it could be either way so I gave some religious teachings about how children should be protected and then gave some old people teachings, eg honour your mother and father (Christianity) and rub the Nose in dirt of those who disrespect ur parents (Islam)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That RS exam was litterally a car crash

ReputationRep:
    The entire exam was a bit of a disaster; first most of us had no idea how to number the questions so it took like 4 mins to figure that out. Second my pens kept running out (lucky I had more lol) and third, there was soooooooo much external sound! Like, there were helicopters and students and vehicle sounds..... soooooo distracting!!! (It was definitely worded poorly! I did alternatives to abortion too (adoption and fostering) but idk. The paper itself was decent (kinda hard tbh) and I HATED the mark allocation but timing was definitely an issue. If I had an extra 10 mins, I would have done much better... A* thrown out the window, foresure :

ReputationRep:
    wait you had to leave two lines per question?! What if you only left one 😖 some cases I could only leave one!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusir)
    Hey guys. I wrote about alternatives to abortion but I feel the question was worded funny. It shouldve said options rather than choices. Or did I misinterpret the question?
    I wrote alternatives like fostering and all and I'm pretty sure that should be fine cause it's on the specification content and comes up often. Anything else that makes sense should too.

ReputationRep:
    It was alternatives to abortion.. I put keep the child, fostering and adoption

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaxo)
    wait you had to leave two lines per question?! What if you only left one ������ some cases I could only leave one!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I left 3 lines as the minimum was 2

ReputationRep:
    I have just sat this exam too! I'm so worried as I think I may have lost like 12 marks, I forgot to put MY opinion on two of the six mark questions. Does anyone know what will happen? Do I get 0?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex.wenlock)
    I have just sat this exam too! I'm so worried as I think I may have lost like 12 marks, I forgot to put MY opinion on two of the six mark questions. Does anyone know what will happen? Do I get 0?
    I read some days ago on Yahoo answers that the opinion is not important if you did well in other paragraphs

I was freaking out on the last question (prejudice) because it took so much figure out religion and planet earth!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSurrealTV)
    It was alternatives to abortion.. I put keep the child, fostering and adoption
    Exactly the same! I wasted time adding quotes to that question and saying why Christians would prefer one over another. I couldn't finish my six marker at the end for war and peace I hope the grade boundaries are low.

ReputationRep:
    If you gave religious arguments and an alternative view you should get about 4/5

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I left 3 lines as the minimum was 2
    Arghhhhh I'm so stupid!! Why do they even ask for 2 lines to be left?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your reply! That is really reassuring. Are you certain because I've heard that if you don't give your opinion you automatically get 0/6.

ReputationRep:
    I read some days ago on Yahoo answers that the opinion is not important if you did well in other paragraphs

I was freaking out on the last question (prejudice) because it took so much figure out religion and planet earth!!
    Thank you!!! Hahah I didn't do prejudice but I'm sure you did better than you think!

ReputationRep:
    Guys lets just get over this and focus on the next paper, which for me is unit 3. I seriously need to time manage, I had to rush two whole questions (as in the Religion and Early Life and Religion Peace and War). I stood up and rushed the exam because that way I could write faster, the invigilator wouldn't stop staring at my lol I probably looked so desperate. I still didn't do the 6 marker on religion, war and peace so thats 6 marks gone for sure

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your reply! That is really reassuring. Are you certain because I've heard that if you don't give your opinion you automatically get 0/6.
    That's 100% not true!! Don't worry you will get a few marks )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloitsmee)
    Guys lets just get over this and focus on the next paper, which for me is unit 3. I seriously need to time manage, I had to rush two whole questions (as in the Religion and Early Life and Religion Peace and War). I stood up and rushed the exam because that way I could write faster, the invigilator wouldn't stop staring at my lol I probably looked so desperate. I still didn't do the 6 marker on religion, war and peace so thats 6 marks gone for sure
    Ahahah! That is so funny! But I completely agree, I have Chemistry tomorrow so really need to focus on that!
    I'm sure you did better than you think! And you still have the other paper! Hope the grade boundaries are low!!

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.