Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Who's doing the AQA Religious Studies B Exam on Wednesday (13/05/2015)? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaxo)
    If anyone did young people:

- did any of you give examples for the coming of age ceremony? I gave an example of bar/bat mitzvah, hopefully that's right..
    - for the question that said 'explain problems for young people who CHOOSE to follow a religion'
    I said that peer pressure may play a massive part eg a young Muslim man who wants to go out with his friend may be peer pressured to drink which is haram or a young Christian woman who goes out with her friends may be encouraged to do indecent things eg sex before marriage and then I spoke about its place in the bible, and then I went on to say how there shouldn't be any problems anyway because they CHOSE to follow the religion so they should know the consequences..

Would that be right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that is spot on! I mentioned how Muslims are now prejudiced against after the 9/11 attacks. It was only a minority who committed it, however, it is now perceived for the majority of Muslims. Also a female Muslim may not want to wear the hijab because is social pressure therefore is a problem. About the drinking aspect as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KristaWinchester)
    I feel dead inside.
    I did prejudice- ''what do religious believers believe about/think about ageism?'- and drew a complete blank! What did everyone else do?
    I feel my A* has gone down the drain!
    I just defined what ageism was and then basically just said how a young person may be rejected a job offer because they are seen to mess around and they are hooligans when in actual fact they may be innovative and a breath of fresh air. Likewise for old people they may not be given a job because they are seen as weak and past it when in actual fact they are wise and have experience. I then mentioned how Islam has well defined moral codes such as 'respect your elders' and they should stand up to ageism as should Christians since they should 'love your neighbour as you love yourself'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSurrealTV)
    I left 3 lines as the minimum was 2
    We weren't told this! I just continued without leaving lines😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Panic Queen)
    We weren't told this! I just continued without leaving lines😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
    SAME! We weren't told us about this in our school! I'll have to make a trip to the exams officer now 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im_mo)
    SAME! We weren't told us about this in our school! I'll have to make a trip to the exams officer now 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How annoying! But in all fairness they can't mark you down for not leaving a space #theglassishalffull

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How annoying! But in all fairness they can't mark you down for not leaving a space #theglassishalffull

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is true!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought that question was quite easy
    Wasn't it just adoption,fostering or keeping the baby

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably but it was worded so poorly

ReputationRep:
    I feel dead inside.
    I did prejudice- ''what do religious believers believe about/think about ageism?'- and drew a complete blank! What did everyone else do?
    I feel my A* has gone down the drain!
    I talked about "there is neither Jew nor...." and said how everyone is equals and each unique value to God hence, Christians believe ageism is wrong.... bla bla

ReputationRep:
    Our school never told us that you had to leave a gap, I automatically left one but still...

So worried, I wrote reasons for abortion ... and I rushed on that paper. I think the questions veer vague but decent. Although nasty giving us two four markers per topic

ReputationRep:
    This questions were fine werent they except for that horrible question ' 17 | Explain different choices to having an abortion [4 marks]
    It was worded so badly, they should have said | Explain different choices (other than abortion) that a women can have if an abortion is being considered. Which would have sprung much more into my mind during that exam.

ReputationRep:
    The exam answer booklet said to leave at LEAST 2 lines on the front.
    I don't remember if I did, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColorMiKiki)
    The exam answer booklet said to leave at LEAST 2 lines on the front.
    I don't remember if I did, haha.
    It said miss 2 lines, but is that also when u start a new topic, such as say u finished animal and religion rights and started planet earth....because I missed the page I was writing on for that and now I am damn worried

ReputationRep:
    Timing is a ***** in that exam,,, i reckon i could be lucky to get 50%, missed out on about 15 marks from the 6 markers, and got that choices of abortion question mixed up...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips for unit 4 tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips for unit 4 tomorrow?
    I need help, I've had literally no revision sources so I desperately need some help.

ReputationRep:
    How did people find unit 4 today?

ReputationRep:
    Gift from heaven that exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misspsimmons)
    Gift from heaven that exam
    Haha Ikr, I was like is this really supposed to be this easy😂

ReputationRep:
    Haha Ikr, I was like is this really supposed to be this easy😂
    Did you do ethics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misspsimmons)
    Did you do ethics
    What do you mean by ethics, what part does it come under?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.