Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I know the exam isn't for a month yet but i'm struggling to grasp the manufacturing side of the unit and was wondering if anyone could sum up each bullet point and give examples to use in essays? Any help is appreciated as I need an A to study business in Uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanD19)
    I know the exam isn't for a month yet but i'm struggling to grasp the manufacturing side of the unit and was wondering if anyone could sum up each bullet point and give examples to use in essays? Any help is appreciated as I need an A to study business in Uni.
    Have you been on any trips with school? Get to a UK manufacturer if you can....we went on a daytrip to Jaguar Land Rover in Solihull and also to the factory where Trunki suitcases are made as it is very local...and they have provided me with the information I use for application and analysis. For example, if the question was about JIT or workforce planning I would 100% mention JLR as they are huge on both of these things. Pm if you need any specific help and I can try my best. Also, have you looked on the tutor2u website or scoop it as there is loads of guidance on them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate2996)
    Have you been on any trips with school? Get to a UK manufacturer if you can....we went on a daytrip to Jaguar Land Rover in Solihull and also to the factory where Trunki suitcases are made as it is very local...and they have provided me with the information I use for application and analysis. For example, if the question was about JIT or workforce planning I would 100% mention JLR as they are huge on both of these things. Pm if you need any specific help and I can try my best. Also, have you looked on the tutor2u website or scoop it as there is loads of guidance on them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have visited a very local small scale manufacturer which i use in nearly every essay. I have also been on the Tutor2U website and wrote down what they have said, however i feel like im not prepared enough to enter an exam. Have you got revision notes or anything of the sort?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanD19)
    I have visited a very local small scale manufacturer which i use in nearly every essay. I have also been on the Tutor2U website and wrote down what they have said, however i feel like im not prepared enough to enter an exam. Have you got revision notes or anything of the sort?
    We have done revision as a class so I have notes on about 8 different UK manufacturers from small to large....most of the information has just come from their websites and the manufacturers were chosen from the top 10 list tutor2u produced...according to my teacher their top 10 turned out to be pretty accurate last year so I'm sticking to it this year! Also, they're predicting one of the questions will be on ethics so this will be one of the main things I revise and try and relate a company too...probably Trunki

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.