Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

do you seek to be the 'in charge' partner or the follower in relationships. Watch

i think most relationships have someone who kind of wears the trousers a bit more than the other partner. what personality traits do you think cause this
    i think i am a follower and seek a partner who is more in control. i find it attractive and dont like to be dominate over a guy. I mostly seek friendship and being on the same wavelength however, but i am not the bossy type.

however, i know sort of louder girls who have quieter boyfriends and i think he probably goes for the stronger female type.

it could even be to do with birth order. oldest children tend to be more confident and have a bossier, more sensible attitude. whereas youngest i find are more laid back.

ReputationRep:
    In day to day things, I don't really mind. Probably her to be a bit controlling, just for jokes.

But if **** goes down, I'll set up shop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like to be in charge most of the time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In charge of course.

...(well under the illusion. Women are secretly always in charge).

ReputationRep:
    I'd let him think he's in charge.... But really its Me!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm the follower. I just like the idea of being looked after. I don't have a bossy personality generally so I like my partner being in control.

I'm a middle child but don't know if that makes a difference? Have always been the 'peacemaker' lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NutE)
    I like to be in charge most of the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still Single or what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    Still Single or what
    Why do you ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With my ex boyfriends (early/mid-twenties), I often took charge because tbh they were more insecure/dependent/immature/needed ego soothing but I secretly resented it. I never felt like we were true equals. I felt like a 'mother' and was a bit put-off but their weakness. I could literally manipulate them into feeling good about themselves by complimenting them/etc. I was an ego-soother.

With my current (30-year old) boyfriend, it's very different. He knows how to take care of himself, is confident, knows his own mind, doesn't need me to play 'mummy'. I really respect him, feel like he is in control and has a lot to teach me.
    He knows how to take charge but remain respectful. I literally swoon when he does it lol I prefer it that way. I also trust his decisions and have a lot of faith in his character. A lot of the time, I will only take charge because I'm challenging him to take back control or when he's hurt/vulnerable in some way - at that point primal instincts seem to kick in and I go OTT on defending/protecting him.

I know there are many 30+ guys who are still immature though, just as there are guys in their mid-twenties who are grown men.

ReputationRep:
    Neither. I would want it to be equal.

I like being equal with my partner.. but I like my guy to take charge at times.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 10, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.