The Student Room Group

GCSE Can Someone Please Mark And Grade This ESSAY! (Spoken Language Essay) PLEASE!!

MY ESSAY ON SPOKEN LANGUAGE IS ON IDIOLECT LANGUAGE AND SLANG WHICH IS USED AT SCHOOLS, HOME AND PUBLIC. AND YOU MUST DESCRIBE THE WAYS OF USING SPOKEN LANGUAGE.

PLEASE SOMEONE MARK IT AND GRADE THIS ESSAY! THANKS!

Spoken language varies across the social atmosphere using; informal language (slang) which is sabotaging peoples vocabulary, formal language (standard English) and idiolect. Living in north west london for years helped me discover the aspects of my own personal speech (also known as my idiolect) and the variation between language due to their culture/environment which shapes my idiolect to what it is today.

Moreover, one factor which has influenced me is my family which has the hugest impact on my idiolect. Communicating with my parent i would often code-switch between urdu and english. For example arriving home from a break-taking day my mother would ask me "kana kawagah" (how was your day) and i would respond back "it was astonishing" notice how i responded in english?. In addition to this, i would speak with elders with respect where as friends or brothers i would not code-switch.

Slang words have double meanings which can lead to awkard and misleading conversations with the elder generation which can also generate ill feeling and therefore can be contemph. Furthermore, i tend to use informal language (slang) while conversing with my friends to participate in the social group. For example the word "fam" implies companionship between friends. However, its used commonly on social networking websites such as; face-book,twitter and media.

Another case to this is that, if someone who would use slang language in public gives an insight of other residents about negative impressions about him involving hes uneducated or a anti-social person who goes round humiliating himself. Moreover, if people were used to use slang on a daily basis even an interview for their job employees would not employ them as they are immature and contemph.

PLEASE MARK MY GCSE ESSAY! AND GIVE ME FEEDBACK IM DESPERATE!!1

THANKS!
Reply 1
I would also compare fully the different ways we adapt our language to suit the situation. When at an interview, we speak formally to portray a good image of ourselves. Make sure to make this point at the end of the last paragraph. This juxtaposes with how we casually talk to friends and with our family. Give an example of how you may address each the interviewee and a family member and compare. It shows that at home we tend to use more slang, more abbreviated and contextualised language whereas this is not the case in public.

I got 19/20 on my spoken lang' CA and i think that this is quite good... at least an A, but you need more on it, keep elaborating and add in some more new points to make it longer
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
@ozmo19 yes I know I need to add more paragraphs and make it longer but could you grade this the amount I have done and this will encourage me to expand it more

thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Dwellcut
@ozmo19 yes I know I need to add more paragraphs and make it longer but could you grade this the amount I have done and this will encourage me to expand it more

thanks

Keep up the standard that you have written with and i think it will get an A*. With this quality, i would give 18/20

Quick Reply

Latest