Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

A short video with some awesome tips for getting those high grades your after! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I recently joined TSR as it has served as a massive repository of useful information related to my goals in the past so I would finally like to give back by offering up 5 tips that have helped me massively in my academic career so far (summary at bottom):

1) Sit in the front. This has been tested for experimentally and has been shown to result in higher grades and is not solely from selection effects.

2) Sit in the same seat every class, all of my psych. prof's have mentioned this neurotic habit as a way to improve grades and give some psychological jargon as justification; in my experience I find it helps.

3) Do not cram. Study in 45 - 90 min intervals with some significant breaks between intervals.

4) Dress and feel confident and identify with someone who you perceive to be competent and capable of easily achieving your goals.

5) Study everyday for 20 minutes outside of prescribed readings and assignments. If you can't manage 20 minutes a day for something so important, take 20 minutes to straighten out your priorities; it will radically change your academic life for the better.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.