Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Period during A levels exam Watch

Well my period is 2 days late... which is just sh*t because I will probably get my period in a few days when I have exams.

Before anyone says deal with it YES I AM PLANNING TO DEAL WITH IT. I just need some advice from girls with heavy periods that have had to deal with this.

Also- paracetamol does not work with my cramps (yes they are that bad) is there anything else that helps.

Oh and its not just cramps- i get migraines and vomit.

ReputationRep:
    Tell your GP how bad they are and I'm sure he can give you some stronger painkillers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will be in the same boat this week, started today over a week early and I have two exams this week! Change your pad/tampon right before the exam so you don't have to worry about that, keep hydrated, I tend to drink a lot of water on my period because it flushes it out quicker. Go to the pharmacy and explain your problem and try and get stronger painkillers, if this doesn't work just try plenty of water and keep hydrated. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I've suffered from really heavy periods that came every three weeks without fail since I was 10 - not good! Co-codomol works wonders for period pains but it's prescription only, so as NutE said it will be worth your while going to see your GP about it. I was put on the pill which solved my problems completely so that might be something for you to consider as well..

As for the whole exam situation, I don't really have any advice specifically except for this nugget found via the wondrous google:

"If you have migraine and heavy periods, taking an anti-inflammatory painkiller such as mefenamic acid could help. Mefenamic acid is an effective migraine preventative and is also considered to be helpful in reducing migraine associated with heavy and/or painful periods. A dose of 500 mg can be taken three to four times daily. It can be started 2 to 3 days before the expected start of your period. If your periods are not regular, it is often effective when started on the first day. It is usually only needed for the first two to three days of your period. Naproxen can also be effective in doses of around 500 mg once or twice daily around the time of menstruation."

Thanks everyone- I started today and my cramps are not too bad

ReputationRep:
    Damn it sucks to be a girl sometimes ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Damn it sucks to be a girl sometimes ;P
    You guys have it easy.

My friend had a period and her boyfriend kept telling her to deal with it, so she kicked him in his balls 5 minutes before his exam.

Oh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    You guys have it easy.

My friend had a period and her boyfriend kept telling her to deal with it, so she kicked him in his balls 5 minutes before his exam.

Oh.
    That's just mean

Our balls are very sensitive. Please tell your friend to refrain from kicking males in the balls unless it is essential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    That's just mean

Our balls are very sensitive. Please tell your friend to refrain from kicking males in the balls unless it is essential.
    And in what cases would it be "essential"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    And in what cases would it be "essential"?

If lets say she was being attacked or she was in danger and the kicking of the balls was the only way to escape.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 11, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.