Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

my best mate came on to me not sure what i think ? advice please ? Watch

(Original post by MAINE.)
    OP, brainteaser for you - if "roll" is equivalent to "troll", then what is "bread" equivalent to?
    oh this thread is fully legit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2710)
    So engaging in homosexual acts categorically defines someone as having homosexual orientation as far as you are concerned?
    No, as far as I'm concerned, engaging in homosexual acts moves someone out of the '0' category on the Kinsey scale and therefore no longer exclusively 'straight'

(Original post by josh_v)
    No, as far as I'm concerned, engaging in homosexual acts moves someone out of the '0' category on the Kinsey scale and therefore no longer exclusively 'straight'
    well think whateverer you want, i would never be in a relationship with another man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well its obviously but what happened, just happened i dont want to start dating him whats your point ? I'm not gay ! stop trying to say that i am you dont know me
    Why'd you let him?

(Original post by Ritterschaft)
    Why'd you let him?
    well i was drunk and it felt good at the time

ReputationRep:
    well i was drunk and it felt good at the time
    You absolutely sure you're not gay?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    well think whateverer you want, i would never be in a relationship with another man
    You should tell him this so you don't end up leading him on in any way. There's clearly some sexual chemistry there if he masturbated you and you've shared a kiss etc, so I suggest you let him know sooner rather than later that you're not interested in sexual relations with him, but he's still your best mate and you'd (maybe?) still like to share a flat with him.

ReputationRep:
    You're sexual status isn't defined by who you have a relationship with. Its defined by the sexual activities you engage in.

(Original post by Reluire)
    You should tell him this so you don't end up leading him on in any way. There's clearly some sexual chemistry there if he masturbated you and you've shared a kiss etc, so I suggest you let him know sooner rather than later that you're not interested in sexual relations with him, but he's still your best mate and you'd (maybe?) still like to share a flat with him.
    maybe your right, i dont want to loose him as a friend though, and i maybe would like to get a place with him, as we get on so well....... its just a strange situation thanks for your helpful advice though!

You're sexual status isn't defined by who you have a relationship with. Its defined by the sexual activities you engage in.
    lol so one drunken kiss and hand job of my best mate makes me gay as opposed to sleeping with I've lost count how many girls ? i guarantee your gay, for some reason gay guys in particular seem to want straight guys to admit to being gay when they clearly are not ! bicurious would be more likely even then thats a push chill out

ReputationRep:
    well its obviously but what happened, just happened i dont want to start dating him whats your point ? I'm not gay ! stop trying to say that i am you dont know me
    Denial denial smh

ReputationRep:
    lol so one drunken kiss and hand job of my best mate makes me gay as opposed to sleeping with I've lost count how many girls ? i guarantee your gay, for some reason gay guys in particular seem to want straight guys to admit to being gay when they clearly are not ! bicurious would be more likely even then thats a push chill out
    Sexuality isn't an either or decision. There are many points between exclusively straight and exclusively gay. At no point have I said you were exclusively gay. Im just saying your behaviour isn't that of someone who is exclusively straight.

Sexuality isn't an either or decision. There are many points between exclusively straight and exclusively gay. At no point have I said you were exclusively gay. Im just saying your behaviour isn't that of someone who is exclusively straight.
    my behaviour ? i haven't done anything ? i wasn't going to smack my pal for coming on to me was i ? I'm still shocked
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I mean, think about all the gay people who have sexual relationships with the opposite sex in denial of their true selves? They're gay, but they want to be straight so partake in straight sexual activities. That doesn't make them straight.

maybe your right, i dont want to loose him as a friend though, and i maybe would like to get a place with him, as we get on so well....... its just a strange situation thanks for your helpful advice though!
    Yeah exactly. Just let him know he's one of your best mates. That's friend zoning him so to say, so he'll hopefully catch on that you're not interested in anything sexual with him.

You said you enjoyed it at the time though - so do you think it could happen again?

No prob. :cute:

(Original post by Reluire)
    Not really. I mean, think about all the gay people who have sexual relationships with the opposite sex in denial of their true selves? They're gay, but they want to be straight so partake in straight sexual activities. That doesn't make them straight.

Yeah exactly. Just let him know he's one of your best mates. That's friend zoning him so to say, so he'll hopefully catch on that you're not interested in anything sexual with him.

You said you enjoyed it at the time though - so do you think it could happen again?

No prob. :cute:
    errrrm i dont know tbh i dont know if it was because i was so shocked or because it was different, or for whatever reason i dont know if it will ever happen again, every monday we train on the evening at the gym as far as i know ill be meeting up tomaz and i generally stay at his after as i dont have early morn lectures or seminars atm

ReputationRep:
    What is 'straight' but a social construct? Your 'straight' may not be the same as my 'straight'. He was asked his orientation and he replied straight in the sense that that is the orientation he identifies most with, so that it would give the scenario some perspective, illustrating the predicament of the weirdness. What would you rather him have replied?

You shifted the focus onto labelling his orientation which is not what the OP asked for nor is it helpful. The Kinsey scale is not for pigeon holing people into, but rather a spectrum to illustrate the fluidity and complexity of the human sexual orientation.

At the end of the day, you do not know OP as well as he does. If he identifies as straight, then who are you to say otherwise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Idk why everyone is so hung up on whether you are gay or not, like label yourself whatever you want! Anyways I agree with a previous poster, that perhaps you should talk to your friend and say that you do not want a sexual relationship and that you hope things between you haven't changed etc and that you'll still move in with him if you think it's the right choice for you!

ReputationRep:
    Basically, it comes down to the questions:
    a) Would you let him jack you off again, and would you return the favour if he asked?
    b) Would you **** him?
    c) Would you enter into a relationship with him?

Like i know you said that you wouldn't date another man but if it's this one man, is that different? Would you do all that with him? (If it makes any difference, my friend was the same and ended up dating her female best friend and they've been together for almost a year now and they're super happy).

ReputationRep:
    well my mate, who i have always being close with has recently moved back into my area got a flat close to where my parents live, so naturally we have being hanging out a lot. I'm 22 and he's 23, as far as i ever thought we are both straight, i know he is with a different girl almost every week if not more, and i date quite a few girls ( i dont sleep around though) we are both sporty play footy go gym etc, Anyway we were in his bed one night as he hasn't blown up the air mattress yet and we were spooning and it was cool, as mates we've done this plenty of times over the years as its just convenient. He's started being a lot more naked and finding opportunities to be naked around me or, if I'm in the shower he'll burst in. yesterday after a night out when we got home he started kissing neck and i kinda groaned and he carried on and started kissing me , i think i kissed him back , anyway he then jerked me off and it was the best one I've had in a long time :L he's acted like it didn't happen since then not mentioned it at all ? but today he invited me out for coffee as he needed my iPad for something and asked me if when i get my job in sep ( leaving uni) if i want to get an apartment with him and he's really up for it :L i dont know what to think ? and i dont know if i liked what happened or not i didn't do anythings sexual back to him tbh
    There are no rules in sexuality but to me it sounds like you are very intimate with your "mate". It's rare to hear people being this intimate without being sexually attracted to each other.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm...I think you already are.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 12, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.