Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AS AQA Sociology Families + Households Watch

ReputationRep:
    xxxvine just realised you beat me to it haha! yeah I'm adamant it'll be feminism tomorrow. It hasn't been questioned in the last 6 exams, yet there is so much to write on it!

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to remember dates for sociologists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KopiteMoss;[url="tel:55655415")
    55655415[/url]]xxxvine just realised you beat me to it haha! yeah I'm adamant it'll be feminism tomorrow. It hasn't been questioned in the last 6 exams, yet there is so much to write on it!
    whicj key points would u include ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KopiteMoss)
    xxxvine just realised you beat me to it haha! yeah I'm adamant it'll be feminism tomorrow. It hasn't been questioned in the last 6 exams, yet there is so much to write on it!
    For the examine or assess? How would you assess it?

ReputationRep:
    For examine break it down into liberal, radical, marxist and difference as a structure. For assess do the same, but use use functionalist/marxist/PM explanations to critique it: e.g. functionalism v marxist-feminism - they ignore how these reproduced values help maintain social solidarity; Marxism v radical feminism - they ignore class oppression, etc.

ReputationRep:
    You know the child support agency act when was that passed and what was that exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tj789)
    No, it's not even essential you remember all the sociologists names, it's the names of their theories that are important. E.g. you will be credited more for remembering 'Correspondence theory' than remembering Bowles and Gintis.

ReputationRep:
    For a feminism 24mk what would you include?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think childhood will come up, that was my teachers prediction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack18656)
    For a feminism 24mk what would you include?
    Break down into 'liberal', 'radical', 'marxist' and 'difference'. Then...

Liberal - 'march of progress', changing attitudes, law reform

Marxist - reproduction of labour force, absorb men anger, reserve army of cheap labour

Radical - men benefit from women's unpaid domestic labour and sexual services, men dominate through domestic violence, political lesbianism

Difference - women do not share same experiences universally, depends on class, ethicity, etc

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone explain to me what age patriarchy is, its so vague and waffled in my text book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tj789)
    Please can someone explain to me what age patriarchy is, its so vague and waffled in my text book.
    isnt age patriarchy where children are dominated by adults and they dont have any rights ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anilmg98)
    isnt age patriarchy where children are dominated by adults and they dont have any rights ?
    It should be- in my book it gets quite confusong because it says children try to resist the status of childhood but acting up or down- which makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anilmg98)
    It should be- in my book it gets quite confusing because it says children try to resist the status of childhood but acting up or down- which makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    Gittins is the one who talks about age of patriarchy, that childhood still exist, as parents a dominant over children's bodies, therefore parents are reliable for children and economically dependent

ReputationRep:
    You know for the 24 marker on feminism.....do you only talk about feminism or do you criticise the theory with other perspectives such as marxism and functionalism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tj789)
    nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    You know for the 24 marker on feminism.....do you only talk about feminism or do you criticise the theory with other perspectives such as marxism and functionalism?
    We always need to criticise as AO2 consists of criticisms

ReputationRep:
    Just so people are clear, 'assess' and 'examine' questions ARE THE SAME!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizaveta)
    We always need to criticise as AO2 consists of criticisms
    Hey what are the AO's exactly?

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.