The Student Room Group

Should we break up or make it work?

I'm in my final year of uni and have been in a relationship with a non-student for the past 5 months or so. As I'm graduating, and the person is moving to another city in a few months for work, we've been discussing what the best course of action is. I've not secured a graduate job yet, so I don't know where I'd be working. I'm willing to try and make it work - is this a good idea?
Reply 1
Bump
depends how u both take a long distance relationship.

Some people can handle it and some cant.

And you will only know it after experiencing the long distance and how much you need your partner. Best is to talk about it face to face and evaluate the relationship. If its serious and is leading to potential marriage etc then seriously consider it.

But if its a short term thing and you guys are taking each day as it comes then you need to ask yourselves is it really worth it to go through the distance because im telling u from personal experience it is very very hard.
You may as well keep trying to make it work, I see no reason why you should have to walk away. Who knows you may even find a graduate job near him, if not try to see if you can do distance. If not at least you tried and there won't be any "what if's?" .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending