Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Should we break up or make it work? Watch

I'm in my final year of uni and have been in a relationship with a non-student for the past 5 months or so. As I'm graduating, and the person is moving to another city in a few months for work, we've been discussing what the best course of action is. I've not secured a graduate job yet, so I don't know where I'd be working. I'm willing to try and make it work - is this a good idea?

Bump
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    depends how u both take a long distance relationship.

Some people can handle it and some cant.

And you will only know it after experiencing the long distance and how much you need your partner. Best is to talk about it face to face and evaluate the relationship. If its serious and is leading to potential marriage etc then seriously consider it.

But if its a short term thing and you guys are taking each day as it comes then you need to ask yourselves is it really worth it to go through the distance because im telling u from personal experience it is very very hard.

ReputationRep:
    You may as well keep trying to make it work, I see no reason why you should have to walk away. Who knows you may even find a graduate job near him, if not try to see if you can do distance. If not at least you tried and there won't be any "what if's?" .

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 11, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.