Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Help - I Think I'm Attracted To The Wrong Type Of Girls Watch

Ah man, I think I'm attracted to the wrong type, and I think the type I maybe want don't or won't consider me.

I came from a typical background, not private schooled. When we got to year 8 or so, my friends would always say 'dam this girl is fit' etc. And girls that were 'ugly' were seen as horrible, naturally I inherited these views as I was hanging around with them and they were my friends.

So now I'm at uni, I'm doing a science and a top 10 uni - for anyone who doesn't know, its quite geeky, most people are into their studies.

My image is a kind of a bad boy type (please do not laugh), I act and look like this sort of stereo type, I don't do it on purpose, its just the way I grew up and how I naturally am, even though I am doing a science and a lot of people are surprised when they hear what course I'm doing.

In terms of girls, as I have been programmed to do so by my childhood, I always go for the prettiest, sexiest and best looking girl I can go for. I don't believe my looks have anything to do with it as looks are subjective, but because of my confidence and large personality I feel as though my chances are pretty good (going by past results anyway).

But thats when things go bad. I've just found after you get their number start talking, they just want to talk about the most bullsh** things. Like arguing with their best girl mate, or hair extension or nails or some good priced outfits and how they match.

I just find it very quickly gets to a point where I enjoy their company for the sexual aspects. I go through relationships so quickly, in fact I don't remember since school if I had what I would describe as a relationship.

I don't understand, these are the girls which everyone wants, and when and if I get them, it just don't do it for me.

I did try and talk to some more 'geeky', less 'glamorous' girls after getting fed up of all this. I don't know what it is, they seem to change their way to try and appear more interesting and 'loud', and I get the impression that they are slightly intimidated by me, if that makes sense at all.

It gets to a point where a man wants more than just sex. I guess I am a geek on the inside, but at the same time I am quite loud strong and someway or another grab attention.

In the last 2 weeks I've gotten 2 really decent girl's numbers, I've put them on my phone but I just haven't been arsed to call or whatsapp them, I will get to it but its just I'm not convinced inside anything amazing will come from it.

Other people look at me and think I am lucky and privileged, but I feel empty and quite upset because I like the thought of one day becoming a family man, possibly with a wife and kids.

ReputationRep:
    TSR has gone mad

This is too much for a Sunday night.
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: png TSR is mad.png (47.6 KB)

ReputationRep:
    naturally I inherited these views as I was hanging around with them and they were my friends.
    You make your own choices, it's possible to resist. Don't act like you're a prisoner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ah man, I think I'm attracted to the wrong type, and I think the type I maybe want don't or won't consider me.

I came from a typical background, not private schooled. When we got to year 8 or so, my friends would always say 'dam this girl is fit' etc. And girls that were 'ugly' were seen as horrible, naturally I inherited these views as I was hanging around with them and they were my friends.

So now I'm at uni, I'm doing a science and a top 10 uni - for anyone who doesn't know, its quite geeky, most people are into their studies.

My image is a kind of a bad boy type (please do not laugh), I act and look like this sort of stereo type, I don't do it on purpose, its just the way I grew up and how I naturally am, even though I am doing a science and a lot of people are surprised when they hear what course I'm doing.

In terms of girls, as I have been programmed to do so by my childhood, I always go for the prettiest, sexiest and best looking girl I can go for. I don't believe my looks have anything to do with it as looks are subjective, but because of my confidence and large personality I feel as though my chances are pretty good (going by past results anyway).

But thats when things go bad. I've just found after you get their number start talking, they just want to talk about the most bullsh** things. Like arguing with their best girl mate, or hair extension or nails or some good priced outfits and how they match.

I just find it very quickly gets to a point where I enjoy their company for the sexual aspects. I go through relationships so quickly, in fact I don't remember since school if I had what I would describe as a relationship.

I don't understand, these are the girls which everyone wants, and when and if I get them, it just don't do it for me.

I did try and talk to some more 'geeky', less 'glamorous' girls after getting fed up of all this. I don't know what it is, they seem to change their way to try and appear more interesting and 'loud', and I get the impression that they are slightly intimidated by me, if that makes sense at all.

It gets to a point where a man wants more than just sex. I guess I am a geek on the inside, but at the same time I am quite loud strong and someway or another grab attention.

In the last 2 weeks I've gotten 2 really decent girl's numbers, I've put them on my phone but I just haven't been arsed to call or whatsapp them, I will get to it but its just I'm not convinced inside anything amazing will come from it.

Other people look at me and think I am lucky and privileged, but I feel empty and quite upset because I like the thought of one day becoming a family man, possibly with a wife and kids.

Dude, STOP RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!!

You are doing it completely wrong!

The whole point of uni is to try and smash as many girls as possible! Let me tell you it's never ever going to be this easy again to meet and smash girls! If you have some innate ability to attract women, you should milk it f****** dry! Now is the time my son!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Transfer from a boy to a man congratulations

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as a 'wrong type of girl'. Every girl is different and unique in her own way.
    Stereotypes are stereotypes. There isn't much you can do about them. But you must remember that if you love a girl, you won't think about how 'sexy' or 'fit' she looks to others, she must be someone you can cope with for your whole life.
    Try not to look mainly on the way she looks, talk to her ( without getting into a deep relationship) and you will know if she is right for you.
    And when you find her, you will find your relationship amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAINE.)
    Dude, STOP RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!!

You are doing it completely wrong!

The whole point of uni is to try and smash as many girls as possible! Let me tell you it's never ever going to be this easy again to meet and smash girls! If you have some innate ability to attract women, you should milk it f****** dry! Now is the time my son!!
    Thats more like being a male prostitute....

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 10, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.