Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What the hell am I gonna do when I finish college? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing my a levels and my last exam will be 23rd June but i finish college for good at the end of this month. This question isn't about uni/careers because I know i'm taking a gap year then depending on my results i'll either apply for uni or find a full time job but i just have no idea what to do once i've finished?

I'm going travelling in Japan for a month next April but that isn't for a whole year and I feel like i'm just gonna feel lost without having some kind of schedule. Whilst i can't wait to leave college i feel like i'll end up staying up super late at night then spending my days in bed. I'm going to try and find a job once i finish exams with more hours because my current one sucks and they won't give me more hours. But other than that i don't really know what i'll do? A few of my friends are going to university so i won't see them and only 2 are staying here so i guess i'll see them occasionally but other than that i don't know how to cope with not having a set schedule help! have any of you guys been in the same position?

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of volunteer programs you can look for where you spend a few months in a different country working with children or with different international & small companies/businesses.
    http://www.realgap.co.uk/volunteer-work-abroad
    http://www.projects-abroad.co.uk
    campsinternational.com

Having a part time job can keep you busy, during the day and maybe in the evenings you could look for events and social evenings some free and some that you have to pay for. - you'd be surprised at how many free amazing things there are/that you can do.

You could take some time out at the beginning go the month to plan each week or each month, maybe make charts, diagrams, planners - plan in such an interesting way that you can't wait to do what you're planning even if it is to go to the zoo.

I don't know what you're interests are but you could maybe try blogging? That could occupy your time and could be potentially fun. You could even make a business out of it.

Depends where you're from also.

- xo

ReputationRep:
    http://www.e4s.co.uk

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.