Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Favourite tree Watch

ReputationRep:
    mine is either oak or maple type trees I am growing some oaks and horse chesnut his year that I collected

ReputationRep:
    Elm or Cherry.

ReputationRep:
    I like trees, I have been known to announce "thats a nice tree" randomly when driving past

Birch is probably my fav group, but planted some cherry trees last year when we moved in and about this time of year the cherry blossoms are out. Who doesn't like cherry blossom??!!?!?

Willows are lovely.

I also think they look very sad.

You could almost imagine them saying, "Oh .. we wish

(Original post by Friar Chris)
    x
    would give Maid Marian another hug" as they move their branches weepily in the wind.

ReputationRep:
    argh i forgot about willows! and then there is ash! got a few of those in the garden. theres too many types!

its impossible to have a favorite tree. im calling it.

ReputationRep:
    Linden. My grandparents have an old one in their garden at the countryside, and I used to climb it when I was little. I loved reading and smelling the wonderful fragrance of its flowers in the summer. Linden tea is also divine.

ReputationRep:
    Birch trees because of their juice that comes from which tastes nice

ReputationRep:
    Cherry Blossom, Whitebeam, Magnolia grandiflora, Ailanthus, Tilia x europaea
    This reply box is messed up.

ReputationRep:
    Yew, I chopped down so many on Runescape...

ReputationRep:
    I want to see a baobab irl

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Palm tree, I flipped when I saw one for the first time as a kid

ReputationRep:
    Eichbaum oder Linden

ReputationRep:
    Gotta be ginkgo.. Such a beautiful tree.. MMMMmmm
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Bonsai - especially a well maintained one

ReputationRep:
    Horse chestnuts every time, their leaves are just beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Willows are lovely.

I also think they look very sad.

You could almost imagine them saying, "Oh .. we wish

would give Maid Marian another hug" as they move their branches weepily in the wind.

ReputationRep:
    Cherry blossom tree.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I used to grow all sorts of trees when I was a kid, and I would plant them on local farms and shoots. My interest started when I was about 4 or 5, and I think I started growing them when I was about 7 or 8.

Over the years I've grown all sorts. Both native species of oak (there are two - English and sessile oak), beech, ash, rowan, whitebeam, wild cherry, silver birch, downy birch, horse chestnut, hornbeam, Scots pine, European and Japanese larch, hawthorn, blackthorn, crab apple, wych elm, English elm, common alder, goat willow, grey willow, crack willow, elder, hazel, holly, field maple, sycamore. There may be others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Don't really have a favourite though.

ReputationRep:
    I like the Tory tree because foliage.

(Original post by Friar Chris)
    Oh:sad:

That's not even a willow tree though, stoopid.

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.