The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Bsc Computer Science and Feedback from the Uni?

Hi all,

I was curious if anyone else is planning on doing this course at UWL for 2015 entry?

If I could also get some feedback from some people who are doing this course, if its worth my time doing it there? Is it good? Are the teachers enthusiastic or willing to help?

I've seen some very negative reviews on this Uni but I saw from an Ofsted report conducted in 2014 that it is Outstanding in all aspects?! I saw the 2011 inspection and it was rated 3 (Satisfactory), nearly unsatisfactory, in all aspects, but somehow but changing it's name it has gotten Outstanding.

I don't want to go to Birkbeck because night classes are really not my thing. (I was sure when I saw the CS course site on Birkbeck it didn't say evening class, but then I re-checked recently and found to my surprise it was infact evening class.
Universities are not regulated by Ofsted.

What you are referring to is a single further education course/programme in Hospitality and Tourism (which is essentially a vocational sixth form college subject at UWL).

If you want to know how the university stands generally, you need to look at university rankings. None of these can be relied upon of course, as they all use a different methodology.
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
I dont think university ranking is a valid way to judge university education. Guys, you are going to study Computer Science not University Business. Take this advice; study well and always be up-to-date with computer technology (not gadget), be one step forward and keep learning at home and on the go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending