Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

intelligence, empathy, crime and diet are all connected Watch

ReputationRep:
    we cannot carry on the same path we are on

there are problems in society

we must solve them

identify them

look at the underlying causes

people in society are getting sicker, and stupider. we must help them.

what I propose :

1) a national program of vitamin d/k2 supplementation, especially for children
    2) making coconut oil the national oil of Great Britain,
    banning sunflower oil and margarine etc

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sure that sugar, normalisation of junk food, long high-stress working hours, urban pollution, normalisation of late nights, binge drinking, and sleep issues and social acceptance of obesity are far worse than hydrogenated oils with regards to making people sicker.

I'm fairly sure that unemployment rates, family background, environment of upbringing, qualifications, history of mental health problems etc. are far more of an issue for making people stupider and the higher crime rates than hydrogenated oils.

I'm fairly sure capitalism and the mass media promoting a rise in baseline narcissism and individualistic self-interest, thus a decline in humanitarian, community values is the main reason for lower rates of empathy than blumming hydrogenated oils...

ReputationRep:
    The election was four days ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    I'm fairly sure that sugar, normalisation of junk food, long high-stress working hours, urban pollution, normalisation of late nights, binge drinking, and sleep issues and social acceptance of obesity are far worse than hydrogenated oils with regards to making people sicker.

I'm fairly sure that unemployment rates, family background, environment of upbringing, qualifications, history of mental health problems etc. are far more of an issue for making people stupider and the higher crime rates than hydrogenated oils.

I'm fairly sure capitalism and the mass media promoting a rise in baseline narcissism and individualistic self-interest, thus a decline in humanitarian, community values is the main reason for lower rates of empathy than blumming hydrogenated oils...
    why are you now banned ?

(Original post by StarvingAutist)
    The election was four days ago.
    what's your point ?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if that will work, but people certainly need to be educated on how easy and cheap real food actually is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    what's your point ?
    It's too late to get your manifesto out now

ReputationRep:
    But can I still eat peanut butter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)

Can't really say it better tbh.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.