Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

You get propelled back in time to 1590. How do you survive? Watch

ReputationRep:
    You are walking down a quiet alleyway in central London. Suddenly, a wormhole randomly opens and propels you back in time to 1590. Elizabeth I is on the throne and you are in Tudor London.

You are in your modern clothes and have on you what you take around with you most days (phone, purse or wallet, etc.)

How do you survive? Do you tell people the truth and hope you're not accused of witchcraft? Do you discard all your modern goods and try to blend in and adapt to this new life?

There is no chance of a further wormhole opening.

ReputationRep:
    Elizabeth I

ReputationRep:
    Get to scotland proclaim myself as ruling warlord with my knowledge of what will come and keep the empire young wise and vast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohanm98)
    Get to scotland proclaim myself as ruling warlord with my knowledge of what will come and keep the empire young wise and vast
    and tell Walter Scott never to write the abysmal Waverley and focus his efforts on the upcoming fad that is Rastafarian reggae

ReputationRep:
    I would have visited Elizabeth the I's tomb. She was long dead by 1690, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean 1590? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    and tell Walter Scott never to write the abysmal Waverley and focus his efforts on the upcoming fad that is Rastafarian reggae
    Consider it done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnekaChan173)
    Do you mean 1590? :P
    I feel like a bit of a **** to do the rofl emi, but the political/religious scene of the late 17th century was wayyy different to that of the late 16th :laugh: worth noting OP!

ReputationRep:
    I would spread prophecy about the second coming of the antichrist Adolph Hitler who will exterminate the Jewish race and destroy Christianity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    *******s I meant 1590 and TSR's new post system doesn't let you change titles :/
    dw about it

I'd tell Liz that I have a device which allows her to summon Lord Flashheart at will. Pretty sure she'd be cooking me a nice fat goose after that little favour :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a bit of a **** to do the rofl emi, but the political/religious scene of the late 17th century was wayyy different to that of the late 16th :laugh: worth noting OP!
    This happened in 1690.

ReputationRep:
    Nah tbh, it's what we were all thinking. Very, very different. Can't imagine the puritans getting down with Elizabeth's crowd ngl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnekaChan173)
    Nah tbh, it's what we were all thinking. Very, very different. Can't imagine the puritans getting down with Elizabeth's crowd ngl
    The Puritans were long gone by 1690. With the High Tory state being in existence for 30 years.

ReputationRep:
    The one n only william Wallace was 1200s right? Think wrong there maybe 1400s

ReputationRep:
    I think I would walk around singing the roast beef of old England.

ReputationRep:
    I'd show everyone my 'I love austerity' t-shirt.

Oh God, I actually wrote an AC fanfic about something similar. *cringeeee*

I don't know how well I'd fare in 1590's England being South Asian, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    Oh God, I actually wrote an AC fanfic about something similar. *cringeeee*

I don't know how well I'd fare in 1590's England being South Asian, tbh.
    You could pretend to be from the Mughal Empire.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably be burnt at the stake considering my race. It would be dad enough that I was a woman.

ReputationRep:
    Get labelled whatever the male equivalent of a witch is, and die.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 12, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.