Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

You get propelled back in time to 1590. How do you survive? Watch

(Original post by william walker)
    You could pretend to be from the Mughal Empire.
    That's no fun with my RP-ish accent, love of ballgowns and love of Renaissance court intrigue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    Get labelled whatever the male equivalent of a witch is, and die.
    Wizard or warlock depending which would be sci fi writer you ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    That's no fun with my RP-ish accent, love of ballgowns and love of Renaissance court intrigue.
    You could say you are Persian then from the Ottoman Empire. The travel to Florence.

(Original post by william walker)
    You could say you are Persian then from the Ottoman Empire. The travel to Florence.
    But I don't want to pretend I'm Persian. I'll do the travelling to Firenze part since I'm all for the Italian Renaissance...

ReputationRep:
    Dress up and present myself as a man, "invent" and sell thousands of products that haven't yet been created, get rich, buy a castle by the sea away from the disease-ridden cities and live comfortably (...as is possible Elizabethan England), have several torrid affairs with aristocrats and became a historical legend whose gender/ true identity is debated by scholars for centuries to come.

ReputationRep:
    As a South Asian I don't think I'd last long

ReputationRep:
    Blend in, get on with life

o and keep bees. Everyone likes honey, nice and easy to blend in when you have honey

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, I actually wrote an AC fanfic about something similar. *cringeeee*

I don't know how well I'd fare in 1590's England being South Asian, tbh.
    They'd like you but in the way that people like freak shows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meyrin)
    Dress up and present myself as a man, "invent" and sell thousands of products that haven't yet been created, get rich, buy a castle by the sea away from the disease-ridden cities and live comfortably (...as is possible Elizabethan England), have several torrid affairs with aristocrats and became a historical legend whose gender/ true identity is debated by scholars for centuries to come.
    You'd need to learn to take the d first

(Original post by Project Yes)
    They'd like you but in the way that people like freak shows.
    But...but...ugh. I'd rather get burnt at the stake for accusations of witchcraft (after telling them what their country's condition will become over the next 400 years) than be treated like a caged circus animal.

ReputationRep:
    But...but...ugh. I'd rather get burnt at the stake for accusations of witchcraft (after telling them what their country's condition will become over the next 400 years) than be treated like a caged circus animal.
    bad luck ho

bad luck ho
    I'll pretend I'm Ottoman royalty then. F*ck this sh*t. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    I'll pretend I'm Ottoman royalty then. F*ck this sh*t. :dry:
    I don't know what your ethnicity is, I'll assume your're turkish/middle eastern. In which case there would have been lots of contact with upper class londoners and turks, mainly due to trade, so that wouldn't work. But yeah the ottomans were pretty cool anyways, I'd probably try and work my way into academia and then start 'inventing ****'. I'd say im pretty content in the 21st cent.

I don't know what your ethnicity is, I'll assume your're turkish/middle eastern. In which case there would have been lots of contact with upper class londoners and turks, mainly due to trade, so that wouldn't work. But yeah the ottomans were pretty cool anyways, I'd probably try and work my way into academia and then start 'inventing ****'. I'd say im pretty content in the 21st cent.
    I'm not Turkish or Middle Eastern. Wait, what wouldn't work?
    Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty content in the 21st century too. Minus the whole Islamophobia shenanigans. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not Turkish or Middle Eastern. Wait, what wouldn't work?
    Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty content in the 21st century too. Minus the whole Islamophobia shenanigans. :rolleyes:
    whatever can u answer my thread pls

x

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post55646007

whatever can u answer my thread pls

x

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post55646007

ReputationRep:
    meh just ignore him, he's a 16 year old trying to look alpha. Read the thread and if it's serious he's a jerk (inb4 white knight)

(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    meh just ignore him, he's a 16 year old trying to look alpha. Read the thread and if it's serious he's a jerk (inb4 white knight)
    Lol, is he actually 16? Who's pretending to be older and attend 'seminars'? He sounds like a right nob. I'ma ignore him. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, is he actually 16? Who's pretending to be older and attend 'seminars'? He sounds like a right nob. I'ma ignore him. :rolleyes:
    err I don't know specifically but he comes across that way

ReputationRep:
    Use my vast crusader kings 2 knowledge to conquer northern europe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 12, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.