• View Poll Results: which political state
    Fascist
    81.82%
    Communist
    18.18%

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Which would you rather live under, a fascist state or a communist state?

Mussolini type fascism or Stalinist type communism?

ReputationRep:
    Both of those are basically extreme forms of each ideology manifesting in despotic totalitarianism so this is a trick question

ReputationRep:
    Where is 'none of the above- get stuffed you commie scum'? This option is sorely missing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HigherMinion)
    Where is 'none of the above- get stuffed you commie scum'? This option is sorely missing.
    HM I strongly doubt even you would survive under Mussolini's regime...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    HM I strongly doubt even you would survive under Mussolini's regime...
    I'm sure I'd find a way. I wouldn't want to live under either, though.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure. Mussolini was a hard ass ******* so I guess i'd just train and beat my way to the top, at least you know where you stand. The Commie *******s are quite confusing, I mean, they say they're anti-Imperialist and next thing y'know they're sending me to the Eastern Front to fight the ****ing Poles and Fins? WTF

ReputationRep:
    They are very similar. It's basically the same thing as you give the state far too much power and control in either system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HigherMinion)
    I'm sure I'd find a way. I wouldn't want to live under either, though.
    I don't think it would be that bad. Italian-style fascism was basically just a strong version of nationalism. True, it was autocratic and actively encouraged imperialism, but it didn't restrict Italian's personal freedoms too much. Had Mussolini not made the mistake of allying with Hitler he could have gone on for years, like Franco did.

Communism in any form though is inherently oppressive, and Stalin's version is worst of all. I can't imagine why on earth anyone could possibly choose to live under Stalin if they had any other options at all.

ReputationRep:
    Like there is any real difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wee.Guy)
    Which would you rather live under, a fascist state or a communist state?

Mussolini type fascism or Stalinist type communism?
    Fascist italy was quite left wing ..

I would go Italy over USSR anyday
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    fascism really is just political bullying, very authoritarian. I don't get how it means you're right wing if your fascist (actually the bbc paints anything they don't like as right wing). This is kind of like the truth door v happiness door. In the truth door you will know everything, but it will be harsh, in the happiness door it won't really be that good, but you will be happy.

ReputationRep:
    They are just two sides of the same coin.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Fascism and and communism are very similar almost indistinguishable between each other in their extreme forms. though this poses the question why is it acceptable to be a communist or even respected, whilst fascists are abused, threatened and harassed. - the unthinking mob

ReputationRep:
    Neither you big ****ing drip

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.