Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    if anyone is doing family and household as their unit 1, lets use this to post get some quick revision done, since the exam is TOMORROW!

also if anyone can explain the New Rights therories and what some of their leaders said about family and society, that would be really helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the sociology forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=317
    (Original post by whatsgoingonlol)
    if anyone is doing family and household as their unit 1, lets use this to post get some quick revision done, since the exam is TOMORROW!

also if anyone can explain the New Rights therories and what some of their leaders said about family and society, that would be really helpful.

ReputationRep:
    1)Household: people living together inside a house eg) nuclear fam or extended...(got 1mark as i didnt write blood related)
    2) I wrote about secularisation and changing in attitudes
    3) they produce profits, unit of consumption, women reproduce the work force, wrote 3/4 more as I was confused
    4) talked about all theories such as functi, fem, Marx, new right and put policies within them..out policies such as materiality/paternity, taxes, teenage pregnancy, NHS, welfare benefits etc
    5)For childhood i wrote about March of progress and conflict view. Eg) laws banning child labour etc and for conflict inequalities between children and adults...like control over clothing etcI also wrote about the future of childhood - postman and opie..IS THIS OKAY???

Scared I mucked on childhood..what grade do you think I got

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Girl im sure you got an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wrote similar to you-
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]1. an indvidual or group of people who share living arrangements [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]2. Less stigma and increased house prices[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]3. capitalism benefits from women's unpaid work[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]domestic labour of housewives produces future workers[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Buying good generate profit

4. For policies question I wrote about divorce welfare civil partnership, same sex marriage etc but didn't link too much to perspectives as it was an 'examine' question
    5. Loved the childhood one- wrote about how markist would argue there was a decrease in childhood due to joint conjugal roles between couples increasing equal opportunitys etc, functionalists would say childhood wasn't decreasing as women forefil expressive roll and about latch key children, feminists about how childhood wasn't decreasing as women assumed to stay at home e.g longer maternity rates than paternity.

Does that sound okay??
    [/COLOR]

ReputationRep:
    moving onto talking about unit 2 (Education)

do you guys have any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.