The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? 2015 GCSE exam sentiment thread

Scroll to see replies

:smile:Think it went okay, the only question I didn't answer was the weird, demented "n" question, and I was annoyed that no vector question came up.
Exam: Maths (Non Calculator - Higher)
Exam Board: Edexcel
Level: GCSE
Feeling: :frown: (It was horrible, the most difficult paper I did so far... after French and Core Physics though. I was short of time and the last few pages were so hard like the cylinder and cone question)
Original post by parrot16
I exactly did the same test and feel the same way so hopefully grade boundaries will be low.
Exam: Maths Non-CalculatorLevel:GCSEExam Board: EdexcelFeeling:

So do i ahhah :smile: btw go look at this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3380171
all the answers are right apart from the cumulative frequency one which should be 16 not 86, if you can remember what you put you can see how many marks you got!! I didnt do too badly in the end, got around 78 (worst case)
Reply 303
27 is right, I got that too 👍
Original post by May_
27 is right, I got that too 👍

We asked our teacher and he said it was 18
Reply 305
Original post by kirsty123456
We asked our teacher and he said it was 18

Maybe I read it wrong but I thought it was an octagon (so interior angle is 135) and a pentagon (108) and the difference is 27 which was x?
(just checking we're talking about the edexcel modular b unit 2?!)
(edited 8 years ago)
Exam: Maths( non-calculator)
Exam board: EDEXCEL
Level: Higher
Feeling: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by almahoney
I got 27 degrees but everyone else was saying they got 18 so im pretty sure i got it wrong since i know now one else who got it even thought i cant see the mistake i made :/

Basically, you know that interior angles in pentagon are 108, and there was an isosceles triangle on the left. You worked out the base angles of the isosceles (180-108=72/2=36) and then you took 36 away from 108, which left you with 72. Cause it was a square on the inside, 90 degree angle, and you take 72 away from 90 (90-72=18). You probs will get a few marks for your working out so no stress :smile:
Original post by swagdaddy123
Basically, you know that interior angles in pentagon are 108, and there was an isosceles triangle on the left. You worked out the base angles of the isosceles (180-108=72/2=36) and then you took 36 away from 108, which left you with 72. Cause it was a square on the inside, 90 degree angle, and you take 72 away from 90 (90-72=18). You probs will get a few marks for your working out so no stress :smile:

Ahh i see now !! Thank you :smile: and yeah hopefully i can get some marks :biggrin:
Reply 309
Original post by swagdaddy123

Which exam was this on? I had a similar question where the answer was 27 so maybe this is confusing 2 exams? Just editing this! I've just found a unofficial mark scheme for Linear A, I do modular B where 27 was the right answer if that helps :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by May_
Which exam was this on? I had a similar question where the answer was 27 so maybe this is confusing 2 exams? Just editing this! I've just found a unofficial mark scheme for Linear A, I do modular B where 27 was the right answer if that helps :smile:

This was on the Edexcel Maths Higher GCSE non calc
Reply 311
But linear not modular! I did a different exam where an answer was 27 degrees I just got confused with which exam you were talking about 😂
Exam: Biology B2
It was a really great paper- makes up for the maths I did terribly in.
Exam: B2
Board: Edexcel
Level: Higher
Feeling: :smile: (I give up on life).
The exam would have been fantastic if I turned the page and saw there was a question on the back. Goodbye A*~
Exam: B1 (Biology)
Exam board: AQA
Level:h:igher
Feeling: dead

What an absolute horrible exam 😪😖
can you provide an unofficial markschem pelase or anyone
Original post by michaelapplause9
Exam: Biology B2
It was a really great paper- makes up for the maths I did terribly in.
worse exam ive ever done. what did you get for the liver cell question?
Original post by raidersfee

what did you get for the organ x ?
what did you get for q 2 please i need urgent help feel like i failed
Original post by raidersfee
Hey, can you tell me what you got for question 2
Original post by michaelapplause9
exam: Biology b2
exam board: Edexcel
feeling: :d
it was a really great paper- makes up for the maths i did terribly in.

Quick Reply

Latest