Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I went for my RAF P2 presentation on Friday and I was searching on here for other people's experiences prior to it but they all seemed to be a few years old, so I thought I'd provide you with an updated version!

So first of all, make sure you bring all required documents! My AFCO were fairly strict on ensuring you had every qualification certificate and that they were all correct. As well as this, they looked through people's passports asking them about where they had been and why, so be prepared!

My second point is that you should definitely dress smart. There was one person out of 20 of us not wearing a suit, and he stood out massively. So yeah I would highly advise nothing less than suit and tie.

Make sure that you arrive early, I arrived around 10 minutes before my presentation and half of them were already there sat down ready to go!
    The AFCO should provide you with paper and pen but you should take your own anyway to look well prepared.

This brings me onto my next point which is that first impressions count! As I am applying to be an NCSO, after the presentation I was given a date for my filter interview which is with the flight luitenant that delivered the presentation. So obviously if you do anything which would make you look bad, they will remember that.

Now onto the content of the presentation... If there was anything you didn't know about the job before hand, you will know after this! They literally cover everything from what to expect in training to aircrafts and where they're based.

I would recommend you take as much from this presentation as possible as it has definitely been beneficial for me.

Happy to answer any questions you guys have

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.