Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Any chance of getting on a medicine course? Watch

ReputationRep:
    ----

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaoctavia)
    I currently have firm/insurance conditional offers for Journalism courses. However it was never really my intention to study this.
    I also almost have a place at a hotel managenent school in Switzerland. The fees will be huge and it is not 100% the career path I would like to take, although it would be a lot of fun.

I have been interested in Medicine for a long time but when I was forced to leave my school in the middle of GCSE's, they convinced me it was impossible to achieve anything without attending. However, I like to think I proved them wrong.

I have IGCSE
    English Lit - A*
    English Lan - A*
    Biology - A*

GCSE -
    Psychology - A

I know this is not at all the normal number of GCSE's. I do have medical circamstances that forced me to leave school and I had to learn my subjects completely independently. I am currently 19 years old. I speak some German which is also self taught but I have not taken any exams for it.

I am currently finishing my A-Levels at college, my AS results were:
    Biology - A
    Psychology - A
    English Lit - B
    If all goes well I am hoping for A*, A and realistically B in English.

If I took AS & A2 Chemistry in a year along with Maths GCSE and of course plenty of work experience and volunteering, do I stand a chance?

Thanks!
    a-levels need to be complete within a 2 year period.

ReputationRep:
    If you have extenuating circumstances, which meant that you were unable to fulfil the regular requirements of most medical schools, then it would probably be best for you to contact each medical school and explain your situation to them. Then they could advise you on whether or not to apply and is a much better indicator of your chances than some people on these forums! There's definitely still a chance of you getting in though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.