Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How soon into seeing someone should you have "the talk"? Watch

I've been seeing this guy for around a month now and I don't know whether this is too early to have a chat about exclusivity? I don't really want it to be more serious than it currently is but I do kind of want to see if we are on the same page and I would rather he didn't sleep with anyone else.

Is it too early to bring up and what should I say?

ReputationRep:
    It's never too early in my books, personally I mention that on the first date. It shouldn't be too tricky for the guy if they like you to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

bump

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your relationship. My boyfriend and I talked about being exclusive a week and a half into our relationship, but we hit it off so quickly that I pretty much saw him for hours on end every day the whole time. However I appreciate most relationships aren't like this. If you have been going out for a month but have only been on 4 dates, then yes, I would say it is too early. A few more than that... probably not too early.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's too soon either. I think it's something that should be discussed pretty much as soon as the relationship starts as you need to know that he's on the same page as you before you invest your time and emotions into him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 11, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.